[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Colortext/Colorfont standard ??

stuart@sequoia.cray.com (Stuart Mitchell) (04/04/91)

I d'loaded the ShadowMaker program the other day and in the documentation
it mentioned the "Colortext" program that comes with WB1.3. I'd never
heard of colortext, and went back to my original 1.3 floppies, but couldn't
find anything of this kind on them.

I'm interested in this for doing video titling, so multi-colored fonts are
something I've been considering how to do for a while now - if there is
a standard already in existence then I'd like to find out more about it,
as I wouldn't like to reinvent yet another wheel ;-)

So am I missing something or what ?

stuart
(stuart@cray.com)

witzany@sparc1 (David Witzany) (04/04/91)

stuart@sequoia.cray.com (Stuart Mitchell) writes:

>I d'loaded the ShadowMaker program the other day and in the documentation
>it mentioned the "Colortext" program that comes with WB1.3. I'd never
>heard of colortext, and went back to my original 1.3 floppies, but couldn't
>find anything of this kind on them.

<dd, dd, ...>

>So am I missing something or what ?

>stuart
>(stuart@cray.com)

The only place I've seen this program was as an extra sent with DPaint III.
--

	Dave Witzany
	(witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu)

rcaslis@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Russell P. Caslis) (04/04/91)

I don't have a lot of time to answer questions, but I can answer a few. There
is a standard for multicolor fonts developed by CBM and Interactive Softworks
for a font editor called calligrapher.  I wrote parts of it :-) .

It's a long story, but I was told that colorfonts were supposed to be in 1.3
but someone screwed up (sigh).  I am also told that they are in 2.0.

If your looking for info on them see Amazing computing about 2 years back or
talk to CBM.  If you have any quick (real quick) questions, just e-mail me.

BTW, you can find the colorfonts OS patch program with Calligrapher, DPaint III
, Shakespeare, many font disks, + more.

See ya in the funny papers....
               rcaslis@ics.uci.edu

sdm@sequoia.cray.com (Stuart Mitchell) (04/05/91)

> It's a long story, but I was told that colorfonts were supposed to be in 1.3
> but someone screwed up (sigh).  I am also told that they are in 2.0.
> BTW, you can find the colorfonts OS patch program with Calligrapher, DPaint III
> , Shakespeare, many font disks, + more.

Unfortunately I don't have 2.0, or DP III etc, but I'm wondering if this
means that the colorfonts program is freely distributable ? Or is it
only available with some commercial packages ?

stuart
(recently changed maildrop: now sdm@cray.com)

rcaslis@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Russell P. Caslis) (04/06/91)

I don't know where (and I don't even know the legalities of it) but I have
seen the patch program available in some places for download.  Actually,
the ONLY place I've seen it is on the commercial service GEnie.

I don't have an account on any other service like CompuServe or PLink, but
I would imagine that it is also there.

Other than this little bit of advice, I can't help, but I hope I've pointed
you in the right direction.  :-)