[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] luminous faces in Imagine

ACPS1072@RYERSON <ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> (03/18/91)

HI all,
I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to make a polygon luminous (as in
 to give off light) in 'Imagine' ??  The option was available in Turbo Silver b
ut I can't find it in Imagine or the manuals.  HELP!

Thanks.
Derek Lang<<<<<    |
ACPS1072@Ryerson   |    "So much to do.  So little time."
Toronto, ON        |                             - Mr. X
Canada             |

jlange@oracle.com (Jim Lange) (03/20/91)

In article <91076.234200ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA (ACPS1072@RYERSON) writes:

> I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to make a polygon luminous (as
> in to give off light) in 'Imagine' ??  The option was available in Turbo
> Silver b ut I can't find it in Imagine or the manuals.  HELP!

You can't do this in Imagine 1.0, but it has been added to version 1.1.  There
are actually two new options, objects can be luminous meaning they are always
equally bright regardless of light falling on them, or they can be light
SOURCES and cast light and shadows on other objects (now you can create
realistic light bulbs!). You should be getting a newsletter soon describing
the upgrade, or call Impulse for details.

Jim Lange
jlange@oracle.com

amigan@cup.portal.com (R Michael Medwid) (03/20/91)

This feature is not supported in the current version of Imagine.  I have read
on the net that the next release of imagine will include a luminous/unshaded
color option.

aldinger@ee.udel.edu (Karl Aldinger) (03/20/91)

In article <91076.234200ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA (ACPS1072@RYERSON) writes:
>I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to make a polygon luminous (as in
> to give off light) in 'Imagine' ??  The option was available in Turbo Silver b

In a recent newsletter put out by Impulse, they announced an update to
Imagine and mentioned this as a new feature.  If you've got Imagine,
I suggest you call and ask about the upgrade.

						Karl Aldinger

walrus@wam.umd.edu (Udo K Schuermann) (03/20/91)

In article <91076.234200ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA (ACPS1072@RYERSON) writes:
> I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to make a polygon
> luminous (as in to give off light) in 'Imagine' ??  The option was
> available in Turbo Silver b ut I can't find it in Imagine or the
> manuals.  HELP!
>Derek Lang<<<<<    |

Imagine v1.1 has Bright objects and objects as light sources just like
Silver had it.  v1.0 lacks them, however.

For those of you who have not received the most recent news letter
from Impulse, you can get the new Imagine v1.1 the following way:

Mail the original Imagine disk AND a diskmailer with your address and
postage on it (so it's ready to ship) to Impulse.  They'll put the new
version on the disk and ship it right back to you.  I.e. YOU pay the
postage and handling, nothing else.

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with Impulse Inc. except as a happy
            customer.

 ._.  Udo Schuermann		And now for something completely different:
 ( )  walrus@wam.umd.edu	An Iraqi dictator without his underpants.

Scott_Busse@mindlink.UUCP (Scott Busse) (03/20/91)

>> (ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA) writes: "I was wondering if anyone out there
>> knows how to make a polygon luminous...in 'Imagine' ??"
Version 1.1 of Imagine, now available, has the "bright" function, found in
Turbo Silver, back in action. Version 1 does not have any capability to do
luminant objects...
* Scott Busse email:           O    O   O_     _      ___ .....
* CIS 73040,2114              |||  /|\  /\   O/\_     /         O    )=|
* a763@mindlink.UUCP           l   | |   |\    / \   /\                _\
* uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Scott_Busse     Live Long and Animate... \

menzies@CAM.ORG (Stephen Menzies) (03/21/91)

ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA (ACPS1072@RYERSON) writes:

>HI all,
>I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to make a polygon luminous (as in
> to give off light) in 'Imagine' ??  The option was available in Turbo Silver b
>ut I can't find it in Imagine or the manuals.  HELP!

You can't in 1.0 but it's there in 1.1 . If you're a registered user you'll
be getting as newsletter anyday now explaining how to get your free upgrade.
-steve

--
Stephen Menzies
Email: S.Menzies@CAM.ORG

dougp@pcs1.physics.ucsb.edu (03/22/91)

-Message-Text-Follows-
In article <JLANGE.91Mar19104436@ap1seq.oracle.com>, jlange@oracle.com (Jim Lange) writes...
>are actually two new options, objects can be luminous meaning they are always
>equally bright regardless of light falling on them, or they can be light
>SOURCES and cast light and shadows on other objects (now you can create
>realistic light bulbs!). You should be getting a newsletter soon describing
>the upgrade, or call Impulse for details.
>
>Jim Lange
>jlange@oracle.com
How about light amplifiers, they reflect more light than falls on them.
Or even florescence, light of one color causes the surface to emit light
of a different color. Of course, florescence would require a change in
the way color is described, you would now have to add a component for
ultra violet light. :-)

Douglas Peale

peterb@intacc.uucp (Peter James Bowmar) (04/06/91)

Yeah, version 1.1 of Imagine has a Luminous command in the Attributes
menu. Better upgrade!

Peter Bowmar,
Ryerson Poly,