[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] DigiView with A3000

ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr c.r. hames) (03/22/91)

     A friend can't digitize with DigiView using the 3000, when he rang they
said they were working on a fix.   Is this a hardware or software problem ?
If it is software has anyone written a patch or hack to get it to work ?

Thanks,

Chris Hames        (The person to hassle for DirWork, VMK, FSDirs, ..)
ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au

schur@isi.edu (Sean Schur) (04/02/91)

In article <12312@monu1.cc.monash.oz> ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr  c.r. hames) writes:

>     A friend can't digitize with DigiView using the 3000, when he rang they
>said they were working on a fix.   Is this a hardware or software problem ?
>If it is software has anyone written a patch or hack to get it to work ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Chris Hames        (The person to hassle for DirWork, VMK, FSDirs, ..)
>ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au

DigiView has not worked with the 3000 since it came out. However, this
has finally been fixed. I got a call from NewTek last week saying that
a new version of the software was now available for the 3000. There
is an upgrade cost of about $15.

Sean Schur		    			USENET: schur@isi.edu
Assistant Director Amiga/Media Lab		Compuserve: 70731,1102
Character Animation Department			Plink: OSS259
California Institute of the Arts

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (04/10/91)

In article <17397@venera.isi.edu> schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:
>In article <12312@monu1.cc.monash.oz> ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr  c.r. hames) writes:
>>     A friend can't digitize with DigiView using the 3000 ...
>DigiView has not worked with the 3000 since it came out.

What problems are you having?  I've got the old-style DigiView hardware
(with the NewTek A1000/A2000 adapter) and the DigiView Gold software (v4.0).
I can digitize on my A3000 OK.  The only thing I've noticed is that there
is a bit more jitter in the image on the rightmost 1/6th of the screen.
But I can digitize with good results.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

mcw@well.sf.ca.us (Martin Warnett) (04/14/91)

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:

>In article <17397@venera.isi.edu> schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:
>>In article <12312@monu1.cc.monash.oz> ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr  c.r. hames) writes:
>>>     A friend can't digitize with DigiView using the 3000 ...
>>DigiView has not worked with the 3000 since it came out.

NewTek has finally released un upgrade which fixes the problems
with DigiView and the 3000. Send them $13 and you hardware
serial number.

Works great for me!