[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] DCTV info

ACPS1072@RYERSON <ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> (04/13/91)

  At the last WORLD OF AMIGA in New York my friend (who will remain nameless)
bought a DCTV.  At the show, before leaving, he tried it out at the DCTV booth.
BTW, the DCTV person was very helpful.  The equipment worked and my friend was
very happy.  He couldn't wait to get home right after the 12 hour bus ride
and start drawing with it before going to sleep.

  When he got home and plugged it in the RGB did not work.

  After calling the people at digital creations the answer was a simple
problem with his 1080 monitor.  The DCTV needed a terminator for one of the
pins.

The moral of this story is...

  If you've got a DCTV and it seems to be flaky remember to check this out.
It could save you a lot of time and aggravation.

AND ON OTHER NOTE...

The person at the DCTV booth said a developer's package would be out this
summer.

Derek Lang<<<<<    |
ACPS1072@Ryerson   |    "Get this clown trained.  I want him in the games
Toronto, ON        |     until he dies playing.  Acknowledge."
Canada             |                             - Master Control Program

neil@celia.UUCP (Neil Richmond) (04/17/91)

>  At the last WORLD OF AMIGA in New York my friend (who will remain nameless)
>bought a DCTV.  At the show, before leaving, he tried it out at the DCTV booth.
>
>  When he got home and plugged it in the RGB did not work.
>
>  After calling the people at digital creations the answer was a simple
>problem with his 1080 monitor.  The DCTV needed a terminator for one of the
>pins.

Could you explain this problem a little more. Did this terminator require
opening the DCTV and soldering something? Did he modify his 1080 monitor?
What was the actual fix? I have a 1080 and I am planning to get a DCTV
soon. This kind of a problem could make one very unhappy. Especially, if
one has to void a warranty by opening up the DCTV box. Thanks.

neil

--
Only 3182 shopping days left till the next millenium!
Neil F. Richmond         INTERNET: celia!neil@usc.edu

neil@celia.UUCP (Neil Richmond) (04/18/91)

In article <91103.102420ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA (ACPS1072@RYERSON) writes:

>  When he got home and plugged it in the RGB did not work.
>
>  After calling the people at digital creations the answer was a simple
>problem with his 1080 monitor.  The DCTV needed a terminator for one of the
>pins.

I read in a review in AC that this problem occurred with the 2002 and not with
the 1080. Are you sure it was a 1080 that your friend had?

neil

--
Only 3181 shopping days left till the next millenium!