[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Dyna-Show problems.

maxc1553@ucselx.sdsu.edu (InnerTangent - human1) (04/12/91)

Have anybody have problem with showing Dynamic Hi-Resolution pictures with
Dyna-Show?

Everytime I loaded it up with the name of the picture as it's argument, it loads
up the picture file, flash it once real quick, and returns me back to WB.

However, running the NewTek Reel-Demo 3 on my machine successfully displayed
that 'dynamic hi-res picture -- the look' with no problem.

So, it must be something about my set-up in my startup-sequence..
I have 'setpatch', 'fixintui', 'wtfpatch' in my s:startup-sequence.

Anybody know what happened?

Thanx.
--
                                                                    [unify]
   *     All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.   +

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (04/14/91)

In article <1991Apr12.153915.12467@ucselx.sdsu.edu> maxc1553@ucselx.sdsu.edu (InnerTangent - human1) writes:
>Have anybody have problem with showing Dynamic Hi-Resolution pictures with
>Dyna-Show?
>
>Everytime I loaded it up with the name of the picture as it's argument, it loads
>up the picture file, flash it once real quick, and returns me back to WB.

I've never had this happen on my A500, but I've had it happen on an A2500.
(I never tried running Dyna-Show by itself on a 2500, but I've called it
from Mostra on one and that's what happened.  Works fine when calling it
from Mostra on a 500.)

>So, it must be something about my set-up in my startup-sequence..
>I have 'setpatch', 'fixintui', 'wtfpatch' in my s:startup-sequence.

What are 'fixintui' and 'wtfpatch'?

--
*  From the disk of:  | jms@vanth.uucp		     | "You know I never knew
Jim Shaffer, Jr.      | amix.commodore.com!vanth!jms | that it could be so

maxc1553@ucselx.sdsu.edu (InnerTangent - human1) (04/20/91)

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) writes:

>What are 'fixintui' and 'wtfpatch'?

	fixintui fixes the system lockup when there are a mixture of interlaced
screens and non-interlaced screens.  wtfpatch patches the window to front
and icon conflicts that sometimes locks-up the system.

	There is another similar patch in abdfd20 that does what fixintui and
for only about 700 bytes.

	I finally got dynashow working, but only through using the mymenu
and mostra.  SID's call to mostra and then to dynashow doens't work.

Apparently, the problem is partially solved.  with a little inconvience.