[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] RGB->IBM and OCR?

bwaid@ducvax.auburn.edu (04/18/91)

Is there a way to transfer Digiview 24 bit RGB files to something the IBM
can use? Also is there an OCR available for Amiga, you know the thing that
reads letters from graphics and converts it to text, I think it is an OCR
but whatever it is called is there one?
thanks
Barry Waid
bwaid@ducvax.auburn.edu  bwaid@auducvax

spence@cbmvax.commodore.com (Spencer Shanson) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr18.032530.3966@ducvax.auburn.edu> bwaid@ducvax.auburn.edu writes:
>Is there a way to transfer Digiview 24 bit RGB files to something the IBM
>can use? Also is there an OCR available for Amiga, you know the thing that
>reads letters from graphics and converts it to text, I think it is an OCR
>but whatever it is called is there one?
>thanks
Yes, it is OCR that you want, and no, there is no OCR s/w for the Amiga
that I know of (ARE YOU LISTENING, PERRY?)

Spencer Shanson - Amiga Software Engineer     | email: spence@commodore.COM
                                              | or uunet!cbmvax!spence
All opinions expressed are my own, and do not | "You know my methods. Apply
(necessarily) represent those of Commodore.   | them" -- Sir Arthur Conan

akk@trantor.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Andy Klingler) (04/21/91)

In article <20797@cbmvax.commodore.com>, Spencer Shanson writes:

> In article <1991Apr18.032530.3966@ducvax.auburn.edu> bwaid@ducvax.auburn.edu writes:
> >Is there a way to transfer Digiview 24 bit RGB files to something the IBM
> >can use? Also is there an OCR available for Amiga, you know the thing that
> >reads letters from graphics and converts it to text, I think it is an OCR
> >but whatever it is called is there one?
> >thanks
> Yes, it is OCR that you want, and no, there is no OCR s/w for the Amiga
> that I know of (ARE YOU LISTENING, PERRY?)

Maybe on your side of the pond. :)
Here in Germany there is OCR-Junior from PRINT-TECHNIK, Munich.
However, normaly it comes with an A4 scanner. I don't know if you can get
the software alone.

Their address is:

Print-Technik GmbH
Nikolaistr. 2
8000 Muenchen 40
Germany
Tel.: +49 89 36 81 97
Fax:         39 97 70

> >Barry Waid
> >bwaid@ducvax.auburn.edu  bwaid@auducvax

> Spencer Shanson - Amiga Software Engineer     | email: spence@commodore.COM
---
Andreas Klingler
akk@trantor.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
         If you have enough patience, everything can be simulated
                               Marvin Minsky