[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Any term. prog. work with SiliconGraphics?

MAJI@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Ma. Ji) (04/21/91)

I am looking for a terminal program which enable me to run amiga as a
silicon graphics monitor.  I mean I use amiga to login into silicon
graphics machine and need to display the picture on my amiga.  I
have a A3000 right now.

Thanks for any information

Maji

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (04/22/91)

In article <91111.000256MAJI@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU> MAJI@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Ma. Ji) writes:
>I am looking for a terminal program which enable me to run amiga as a
>silicon graphics monitor.  I mean I use amiga to login into silicon
>graphics machine and need to display the picture on my amiga.  I
>have a A3000 right now.

The easiest way would be to use X. Get the Amiga A2065 ethernet board &
tcp-ip software, and GfxBase's X11 for the Amiga. Use one of the X
displayers (whatever is available on the SG).

I do hope you realize that the picture won't look the same...

Alternately you could use one or more of the picture converters to get
it to an IFF format, but I don't know anything about the picture format
used by SG. (Could find out if you really need to know).

Kent Polk - Southwest Research Institute - kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
                  "Duct Tape is like the Force...
It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it holds the Universe together"