[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Imagine Question

Scott_Busse@mindlink.bc.ca (Scott Busse) (04/22/91)

Marc, use SAVE CHANGES if any changes have been made to the information as
shown in the Action Editor. I state it this way because in Version 1.1 it is
possible to make changes to the Action Editor info while still in the Stage
Editor screen.  eg. If you go into the Action Editor and change the name of an
object in the actor line, then you must save changes before exiting the Stage
Editor. If you click on an Actor line while in info mode, and then don't make
any changes, you will still be queried upon leaving the Stage Editor, but you
don't have to Save Changes.(unless you changed something else..)
--
* Scott Busse email:           O    O   O_     _      ___ .....
* CIS 73040,2114              |||  /|\  /\   O/\_     /         O    )=|

KJB5@psuvm.psu.edu (04/22/91)

NOTE: I am Marc Rifkin, formerly R38@PSUVM.PSU.EDU; My account is inactive,
so I am using KJB5's.  --Just in case anyone was dying to know...

My question:
Under what circumstances should I use SAVE CHANGES in the Stage editor?
What is it saving?
Why do I have to reload a frame to get any aligned objects to re-orient
themselves?  Why didn't Impulse put Quickdraw All in the Stage editor too?

Ooops. I asked more than one question.  But don't we all.

-Marc Rifkin , formerly (and hopefully soon to be) r38@psuvm.psu.edu
-now using kjb5@psuvm.psu.edu
Penn State's Amiga Student Consultant and Amiga Artisan

amigan@cup.portal.com (R Michael Medwid) (04/23/91)

use save changes whenever you change an actor's position, size, alignment
or other feature or add or delete an actor and you are sure this is how you
want your scene or animation to come out.

menzies@CAM.ORG (Stephen Menzies) (04/24/91)

KJB5@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

>NOTE: I am Marc Rifkin, formerly R38@PSUVM.PSU.EDU; My account is inactive,
>so I am using KJB5's.  --Just in case anyone was dying to know...

>My question:
>Under what circumstances should I use SAVE CHANGES in the Stage editor?

Following any addition, subtraction or change (either interactivly or
numerically) that you wish to save in either the stage editor or the
action editor.

>What is it saving?

Scene and animation description

>Why do I have to reload a frame to get any aligned objects to re-orient
>themselves?

Because it's just not as "real-time" an editor as for example, Lightwave.

> Why didn't Impulse put Quickdraw All in the Stage editor too?

Good question. I guess they figured you'd have quickdrawed you object
back in the Detail editor...but we know, thing just don't work that
way. Yes, I agree, it should be in the Stage editor too .

Email: S.Menzies@CAM.ORG