[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Scientific data plotting program?

segiii@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (04/12/91)

I presently am looking for a program that produces graphics comparable to the
Mac's cricket graph which has a module to enter in data and then edit the
graphs text, fonts, layout, curve fitting, error bars, etc. ; or another
program like the IBM's Quatro Pro by Borderland(Spelling unsure of?)

One more point, I don't like to use the ED program editter to enter data and
then store it on my disks.  Use antoher program to produce the graph, and then
use the "Graphics Dump" utility.  This is the current methods that I am using
and am tired of wasting my time.

Any help anyone has out there would be greatly appreciated.

Scott E. Grabow
/SEGIII

tnaj2@isuvax.iastate.edu (Brian J. Cerveny) (04/22/91)

In article <1991Apr11.223553.449@vax1.mankato.msus.edu>, segiii@vax1.mankato.msus.edu writes:
>I presently am looking for a program that produces graphics comparable to the
>Mac's cricket graph which has a module to enter in data and then edit the
>graphs text, fonts, layout, curve fitting, error bars, etc. ; or another
>program like the IBM's Quatro Pro by Borderland(Spelling unsure of?)
>
>One more point, I don't like to use the ED program editter to enter data and
>then store it on my disks.  Use antoher program to produce the graph, and then
>use the "Graphics Dump" utility.  This is the current methods that I am using
>and am tired of wasting my time.
>
>Any help anyone has out there would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Scott E. Grabow
>/SEGIII

I use a very nice package called Multiplot XLN.  You still have to enter the
data with a text editor, but once in the program you have complete control over
the scaling, curve fitting, regression lines, etc.  For printer output it uses
the PLT: handler which is included, which emulates a plotter on any dot-matrix,
inkjet, or laser printer.  I use it with my Panasonic KXP-1180 9-pin printer at
density 6/7 as well as my Canon BJ-10e bubblejet printer at 360x360 dpi and it
looks great!  The version I use, XLNc does not have error bars, but there is a
newer version around that may.

|     ___              ___  ___                  | Gutta cavat lapidem non vi,|
|    /__/__  o__ __     /  /   __ __    __ __    | sed saepe cadendo.         |
|   /  //_/ //_// /    /  /   /_ /_// //_ / // / |                            |
| _/__//  \// // /  \_/.  \_//_ /  \\//_ / / \/  | Rem facias, rem; recte si  |
|                                           _/   | possis, si non quocumque   |
| Stat magni nominue umbra: tnaj2@isuvax.bitnet  | modo rem.                  |

boily@astrosun.phy.ulaval.ca (Edouard Boily) (04/22/91)

	Hi,

You should look for the file /amiga/graphics/plotting/amigraph-palpha.lzh
available at ab20.  It may become what you need.

 - Edouard
.---------------------------------------------------------.
|                   boily@phy.ulaval.ca                   |
| Edouard Boily  | Projects: AmiGraph, AmigIRAF           |
| Physic's Dept. | Interests: Astronomy, Comp. Sciences   |
| Laval Univ.    | Work: On my Ph. D.            _ //     |
| Quebec, CANADA | Citation: Not yet!            \X/      |
`---------------------------------------------------------'

--
---------------------------------------------------------.

owen@euclid.enet.dec.com (Steve Owen) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr22.142513.1020@genesis.ulaval.ca>, boily@astrosun.phy.ulaval.ca (Edouard Boily) writes...

>	Hi,
>
>You should look for the file /amiga/graphics/plotting/amigraph-palpha.lzh
>available at ab20.  It may become what you need.
>
> - Edouard

You might also want to check out MULTIPLOT.  The latest version is on a recent
Fred Fish disk.  Somewhere around 450 or 460 I think.

**** /// **********************************************************************
    ///  Only AMIGA makes it possible!     Steve Owen: owen@euclid.enet.dec.com
\\\///    Amiga, Unix, Mac, IBM... all      Digital Equipment Corp., Maynard MA
 \XX/      on one machine!
              *** SAVE TWIN PEAKS!!!  Mail me for more info. ***

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu (04/23/91)

>       Hi,
>
> You should look for the file /amiga/graphics/plotting/amigraph-palpha.lzh
> available at ab20.  It may become what you need.
>
>  - Edouard

I just got MULTIPLOT XLNd (from Fish #467) running last night and it's a
100% winner. It's a lot like the much-admired CRICKET GRAPH on the Mac
except that you input data in a text file (no big deal). It uses PLT to
print out VERY high-res data graphs, and is nice and fast, even on a 68000
system. It's a much-needed addition to the Amiga library, and VERY useful
for anyone who needs to plot data.

                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet
                                ~~~second-hand smoke is THEFT~~~

baxter_a@wehi.dn.mu.oz (04/27/91)

> I use a very nice package called Multiplot XLN.  You still have to enter the
> data with a text editor, but once in the program you have complete control over
> the scaling, curve fitting, regression lines, etc.  For printer output it uses
> the PLT: handler which is included, which emulates a plotter on any dot-matrix,
> inkjet, or laser printer.  I use it with my Panasonic KXP-1180 9-pin printer at
> density 6/7 as well as my Canon BJ-10e bubblejet printer at 360x360 dpi and it
> looks great!  The version I use, XLNc does not have error bars, but there is a
> newer version around that may.

Multiplot XLNd is available on Fish Disk 467, and handles asymetrical
error bars.

Regards Alan

baxter_a@wehi.dn.mu.oz (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr22.142513.1020@genesis.ulaval.ca>, boily@astrosun.phy.ulaval.ca (Edouard Boily) writes:

> 	Hi,
>
> You should look for the file /amiga/graphics/plotting/amigraph-palpha.lzh
> available at ab20.  It may become what you need.
>
>  - Edouard

This archive was corrupted the 2 times I downloaded it. It also did not
appear to have altered much in terms of utility from a similar archive I
was sent in 1989.

Regards Alan