[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] VistaPro and HAM-E

	I'm trying to find the best way to make an animation in
VistaPro and render it into HAM-E format. It can create an
animation in IFF 24 ANIM format. Is there any way to convert that
anim into HAM-E? Also, I could create the individual frames in
separate files and then combine them all into an ANIM afterwards.
Is there a PD program that takes IFF images and makes an anim out
of them?
	Oh yes, this'll be under 2.0 on a 3000. Thanks,
	-- Ethan

"Brain! Brain! What is Brain?"

benw@genly.UUCP (Ben Williams) (05/04/91)

In article <1991May2.214251.26471@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

>	I'm trying to find the best way to make an animation in
>VistaPro and render it into HAM-E format. It can create an
>animation in IFF 24 ANIM format. Is there any way to convert that
>anim into HAM-E? Also, I could create the individual frames in
>separate files and then combine them all into an ANIM afterwards.
>Is there a PD program that takes IFF images and makes an anim out
>of them?
>	Oh yes, this'll be under 2.0 on a 3000. Thanks,
>	-- Ethan
>
>"Brain! Brain! What is Brain?"

The best way to make an ANIM from a 24 bit source is
to use the ARexx scripting in Image Professional to
handle the job. Create individual 24 bit frames, and
IP can do them one after another. For best results
in animation, use the 18 bit render mode, not the 24
bit. Less changes on the screen, you see.

Black Belt Tech Support

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) (05/04/91)

In article <1991May2.214251.26471@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

>	I'm trying to find the best way to make an animation in
>VistaPro and render it into HAM-E format. It can create an
>animation in IFF 24 ANIM format. Is there any way to convert that
>anim into HAM-E? Also, I could create the individual frames in
>separate files and then combine them all into an ANIM afterwards.
>Is there a PD program that takes IFF images and makes an anim out
>of them?
>	Oh yes, this'll be under 2.0 on a 3000. Thanks,
>	-- Ethan
>
>"Brain! Brain! What is Brain?"

A Brain is a computer made out of meat.

The best way to convert a series of IFF24 files churned out by VistaPro
would be thru ASDG's ADPro, which can be ARexx-script-driven. In fact
there's a nifty ARexx program on People/Link which, if you have the
memory to do it, lets you run both VistaPro and ADPro at the same
time, watches a given directory for VistaPro to write an IFF24 to,
shoves the IFF24 into ADPro, and causes ADPro to turn it into
[whatever] mode and write it back out to disk again. Thus the whole
thing could be an automatic process.  Unfortunately, at this time,
ADPro (Version 1.0.3, the FREE upgrade just shipped to registered
owners [the box has a gold star on the cover]) has only a HAM-E loader,
not a HAM-E saver. Dunno why. Well you could probably figure out why
if you thought about a while and knew the two companies involved :)

One freely distributable program I've used to create series of
separate IFFs into anim format is Cryogenic Software's "BUILDANIM"
commonly found in a collection of programs by them called "CRYOUTILS.LZH"
There are many other programs that will do this, however being a
recent HAM-E owner, I don't know which ones will and which ones won't
leave the HAM-E "cookie" alone when they touch those files.

I haven't tried ANY of this on a 3000 since I don't have one, and I
run my cert. dev. flavor of 2.0 infrequently so far.

  "Half of me wants to knock you out.                       Harv Laser
  Half of me wants to tell you that           {anywhere}!crash!hrlaser
  I'm sorry..."                         American People/Link: CBM*HARV