[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Red Pirates Demomaker

muzzle@cs.uq.oz.au (Murray Chapman) (05/04/91)

Hi there

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Hate it when something like that happens...

(for those who don't know: the "Red Sector" demomaker was not in fact written
by Red Sector- they just pirated it.  If you have a copy of it, I suggest
you delete it, like I have done.  It has been removed from ab20.)

Needless to say, I won't be "releasing" an English version.

+^o^+^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-+-o-+
|   | Murray Chapman                          muzzle@cs.uq.oz.au       |   |
| o |                                                                  | o |
|   | University of Queensland      "I'd rather have a bottle in front |   |
| o | St Lucia, Queenland            of me than a frontal lobotomy"    | o |
|   | AUSTRALIA                               - Mel Brooks             |   |
| o |                                                                  | o |
+^-^+^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-------------+---+
                                                          \__          | o |
                                        Hate that! ----->    +^-^-^-^-^-^-^-

dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) (05/05/91)

In article <1159@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> muzzle@cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>Hi there
>

>AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
>
>Hate it when something like that happens...
>
>(for those who don't know: the "Red Sector" demomaker was not in fact written
>by Red Sector- they just pirated it.  If you have a copy of it, I suggest
>you delete it, like I have done.  It has been removed from ab20.)
>
>Needless to say, I won't be "releasing" an English version.

Hmmm, this strikes me as strange. I have not seen the demomaker at ab20... but
the only decent demomaker I have received lately was most certainly written by
some guys in red sector. They sold it to a company and then someone in their
group decided to release a "crack". I might also add that the guys that wrote
the demomaker aren't very involved in the hacker-scene. Red sector, like many
other groups consists of a large number of people. Don't blame the guys that
wrote the demomaker for the faults of other members of the group, they might
not even know each other.
 BTW, this demomaker shows a good reason why the european coders make better
demos than americans :-) If you give a eurohacker a demomaker demo that you
have made he will laugh his head off. If you give it to an american hacker
he will think it's cool since he doesn't know how to code ;-)

/Jorgen
--
email dvljhg@cs.umu.se | DUMII: Sentinel of the scales
Everything I say is always true, just apply it to the right reality.