[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Framegrabber

tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (Kenneth Jamieson) (05/03/91)

	Hi there all ...

	I use the PP Framegrabber (The origional) .. it can save files
in both IFF HAM and RAW and something called IMG-8

	What I would like to do is show the images (wich are 12 bit
resolution grabbed) on something better then HAM (6 bits). So ... can
anyone point me to .....

	A. 	A RAW/IMG-8 <-> sham converter
	B. 	a <-> HAME converter
	C. 	a <-> 24bit IFF converter
	D.	a <-> Dynamic hi-res

	Thanks!
--
========[ Xanadu Enterprises Inc. Amiga & Unix Software Development]=======
= "I know how you feel, you don't know if you want to hit me or kiss me - =

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (05/07/91)

In article <1598@tronsbox.xei.com> tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (Kenneth Jamieson) writes:
>	I use the PP Framegrabber (The origional) .. it can save files
>in both IFF HAM and RAW and something called IMG-8
>	What I would like to do is show the images (wich are 12 bit
>resolution grabbed) on something better then HAM (6 bits). So ... can
>anyone point me to .....
>	A. 	A RAW/IMG-8 <-> sham converter
>	B. 	a <-> HAME converter
>	C. 	a <-> 24bit IFF converter
>	D.	a <-> Dynamic hi-res

Version 1.0.3 (out now) includes a  loader for  the Progressive Peripherals
FrameGrabber (the  one  you  have). Using  this  loader,  ADPro  completely
bypasses all software provided by Progressive and controls the FrameGrabber
directly.  It  allows single  fields or  the full frame to be grabbed, even
from ARexx (make for some neat capabilities).

After the image data is  loaded into  ADPro (directly from the FrameGrabber
hardware) any of the image  processing capabilities of ADPro can be immedi-
ately employed including  the  ability  to  do  what  you mentioned in your
posting.

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry