[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] World Data Base - complete files at ab20.larc.nasa.gov!

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (05/18/91)

Well for those out there that have been looking for the complete World Data
Base colloction - WDB1 through WDB5 - I have uploaded it to:

ab20.larc.nasa.gov  and it is in incoming/amiga/WDB

Have fun and let me know if it won't uncompress correctly for you...
(It should but who know?! ;-))

LATER!!!
--
 Guy Dandrea, Network Systems Corp.                       //
 guy@nsco.network.com #129.191.1.1                    \\ //

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (05/19/91)

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) writes:
> Well for those out there that have been looking for the complete World Data
> Base colloction - WDB1 through WDB5 - I have uploaded it to:
>
> ab20.larc.nasa.gov  and it is in incoming/amiga/WDB

Cool!  I've moved them to /amiga/graphics/wdb/, and have added the
source for the WDB viewer to wdb.lzh.  Thanks!

	...tad

ayrjola@hut.fi (Ari Yrj|l{) (05/19/91)

In article <TADGUY.91May18164819@ab20.larc.nasa.gov> tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) writes:
>guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) writes:
> Well for those out there that have been looking for the complete World Data
> Base colloction - WDB1 through WDB5 - I have uploaded it to:
>
> ab20.larc.nasa.gov  and it is in incoming/amiga/WDB
>
>Cool!  I've moved them to /amiga/graphics/wdb/, and have added the
>source for the WDB viewer to wdb.lzh.  Thanks!

In Europe the complete WDB package can be found from nic.funet.fi
in Finland, in directory pub/amiga/new. It has been there for ages..:-)

--
Ari  Yrj|l{       Internet:  ayrjola@hut.fi          /
JMT 3B 231b       BITNET :   LK-AY AT FINHUT        / Money talks -

pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) (05/21/91)

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) writes:

>Well for those out there that have been looking for the complete World Data
>Base colloction - WDB1 through WDB5 - I have uploaded it to:
>ab20.larc.nasa.gov  and it is in incoming/amiga/WDB
Talking about this one, the information about the data is quite sparse.
As all (?) of the CIA data were put into public domain, is there anywhere
one can get ones hand on more precise data, for specific parts of the earth
(f.ex. a state in america, or, in my case, Denmark.) I understood, that
the wdb data are cooked down to match small computers, but with a harddisk,
or only wanting to look at a small part of the world, are more of these data
available for ftp or something like that? This should be of interest to a
lot of people!
(In the 1.06 MB file, Denmark still looks quite "rough").
--
From the notorious
                      Jakob Gaardsted, Computer Science Department