[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Pal ColorBurst?

ele9056@cdc835.cdc.polimi.it (Alberto Schiavon) (05/21/91)

Help!!!!!  I am an European Amiga User, but I have some fiends of
mine that will go to America. I would like to know if ColorBurst
(at least the version sold in USA ) will be PAL compatible, in order
to get it by compelling my friends...:-)

PleaZe, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhelp meeeeeeeeeee....

_____ _____
    / _ \
   / (_) \
  /_______\

s8922967@ipc09.tmc.edu (Murray John GILBERT) (05/21/91)

The COLORBURST was a PAL product before it even became NTSC; I'm sure that
the makers MAST have an office or two in Europe (Germany I think), I am also
sure that someone here reading the News would know its address/phone, and
even have more to say b  about it/them . The colorburst was oringinally
invented here in Australia so as a last resort you could get it from here,
they are on sale here, the price, dunno ($CALL is put in all the ads by various
retailers). If noone else feels like volunteering the address/phone etc. I will
find it out for you

adios amigos,
		Murray 	s8922967@ipc01.mqcs.mq.oz.au

tucker@tahoe.unr.edu (Aaron Tucker) (05/22/91)

There are two versions of Colorburst. One is PAL, and one is NTSC. The PAL
version is currently shipping to Europe. In fact, Commodore UK has a couple
and they love them. Germany also has them. Of course, nobody has them in
quantity, as they will not be available in quantity for a couple more weeks.
In the UK, you can get a Colorburst from ChipX. From Germany, call the MAST
office there. (They have English speaking personnel.)

The conversion from PAL to NTSC and reverse is quite invloved and can only be
performed by a MAST office. If you are trying to avoid the duties, :-), you
can have your friends pick up the Colorbursts (PAL) in the US from MAST at
$599. Call (702) 359-0444. I would place your order now though. Even PAL
Colorbursts are still very high in demand and go out the door one day after
assembly and testing.

Juan Trevino
tucker@tahoe.unr.edu

martin@dexter.pub.uu.oz.au (Martin Gardiner) (05/22/91)

In <1991May20.195302.4535@cdc835.cdc.polimi.it> ele9056@cdc835.cdc.polimi.it (Alberto Schiavon) writes:

>Help!!!!!  I am an European Amiga User, but I have some fiends of
>mine that will go to America. I would like to know if ColorBurst
>(at least the version sold in USA ) will be PAL compatible, in order
>to get it by compelling my friends...:-)

>PleaZe, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhelp meeeeeeeeeee....

Yes, I believe the device works for NTSC, as well as PAL (it was first designed
for PAL surport, because it was developed in a PAL country, Australia).

Hang on I'll ring Gary Rayner the designer and check for you.

No answere, must be out tonight.

You can ring MAST Australia (OTC code 02 281 7411), and check.

Martin Gardiner

jc@crosfield.co.uk (jerry cullingford) (05/24/91)

In article <246@equinox.unr.edu> tucker@tahoe.unr.edu.unr.edu (Aaron Tucker) writes:
JT>In the UK, you can get a Colorburst from ChipX.

JT>Juan Trevino
JT>tucker@tahoe.unr.edu

Does anyone have an address/phone number for these ChipX people?
--