[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Turbo Silver textures

xnugent@sheoak.bcae (James Nugent) (04/03/91)

Does ANYONE have any more turbo silver textures ? I've only got the ones
that came with the program. It's a great program, but I NEED some more
textures.  If you have any that you have created or if you know where I
can get some can you PLEASE let me know, (I only have fetchfile no ftp)
I can be contacted at :
		xnugent@sheoak.bcae.oz.au or
		james@ironbark.bcae.oz.au

	Thank you for your help .
			James Nugent.

			THIS IS NOT A .sig FILE !!

xnugent@sheoak.bcae (James Nugent) (04/11/91)

Does anyone have or know where I can get some turbo silver textures to
use in my animations and still pictures.  I only have the ones that came
with the package, it would be VERY helpfull. Oh by the way I don't have
ftp access so a fetchfile or ftp by mail will do.
	Thanks in advance
		James Nugent

	xnugent@sheoak.bcae.oz.au
	xnugent@redgum.bcae.oz.au
	james@ironbark.bcae.oz.au

waung@mprgate.mpr.ca (William Waung) (05/23/91)

I've just recently started to play around with Turbo Silver 3.0.
I'm getting the hang of it a bit, but I'm now interested in working
with textures.  My question is ... where can I find information on
the format of texture files?  The manual states that Impulse would
be releasing the format into the public domain but I haven't found
any source for it (I've been looking for it in the FTP sites).  I
also haven't found any source for textures others have built.  Are
some available?

Sooo, if somebody could tell me where I can find the format and/or
textures, I would really appreciate it.  Please respond by mail,
unless you feel others would be interested in the answer also.

Thanks in Advance
Willie

Ps. Is the upgrade to SV worthwhile?  Is it still available? (I guess
       I should be asking Impulse the second question :-))

johnh@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (John J Humpal) (05/26/91)

In article <1991May22.172930.12008@mprgate.mpr.ca> waung@mprgate.mpr.ca (William Waung) writes:
>I've just recently started to play around with Turbo Silver 3.0.
>I'm getting the hang of it a bit, but I'm now interested in working
>with textures.  My question is ... where can I find information on
>the format of texture files?

As far as I know, no.  I think Impulse released some C source for some
textures way back when Silver SV came out, but that was long ago and I
forget.

>Ps. Is the upgrade to SV worthwhile?  Is it still available? (I guess
>       I should be asking Impulse the second question :-))

Well, the upgrade to SV is worth it... but shouldn't you be thinking
about upgrading to Imagine?  I think Impulse is still offering the
upgrade discount to Silver owners, and Imagine is much, much more
sophisticated than Turbo.

John J. Humpal -- johnh@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu -- short .sig, std. disclaimer