[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] GnuPlot 2.0 for the Amiga ???

fillg1@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Illgner) (05/16/91)

Hi folks,

I am looking for an amiga port of the GnuPlot program. GnuPlot seems to
be the only program which can generate TeX-files as output.
Where can I get an amigazed version of it ???

					Thanks
					Michael

--
Michael Illgner 	fillg1@uni-paderborn.de          Tel.
Theodorstrasse 27       Warburger Strasse 100		 Buero  05251/60-2331

black@beno.CSS.GOV (Mike Black) (05/18/91)

In article <1991May16.141810.20977@uni-paderborn.de> fillg1@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Illgner) writes:
>Hi folks,
>
>I am looking for an amiga port of the GnuPlot program. GnuPlot seems to
>be the only program which can generate TeX-files as output.
>Where can I get an amigazed version of it ???
>
>					Thanks
>					Michael

I will soon be posting an Amiga port of GnuPlot2.02 with 3d extensions
to ab20.larc.nasa.gov in incoming/amiga/gnuplot202.3d.lzh as soon
as I touch up a couple of things.  I have added an Amiga device to
plot to Amiga windows.  I have also tested the postscript output with
Post 1.5 and the hpgl output with the PLT: device.  All work quite
well.  Look for it on ab20 probably this weekend.
Mike...

: usenet: black@beno.CSS.GOV   :  land line: 407-494-5853  : I want a computer:
: real home: Melbourne, FL     :  home line: 407-242-8619  : that does it all!:

lrg7030@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May16.141810.20977@uni-paderborn.de> fillg1@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Illgner) writes:
>Hi folks,
>
>I am looking for an amiga port of the GnuPlot program. GnuPlot seems to
>be the only program which can generate TeX-files as output.
>Where can I get an amigazed version of it ???
>
>					Thanks
>					Michael
>

>--
>Michael Illgner 	fillg1@uni-paderborn.de          Tel.
>Theodorstrasse 27       Warburger Strasse 100		 Buero  05251/60-2331
>4790 Paderborn		Theoretische Physik		 Privat 05251/26488
>Germany                 Buero : N3.323

I have ported GnuPlot.  It is available on BIX and I *may* be able to
get it to you via other means, send mail if you are interested.  The
port supports the displaying of plots on the Amiga's screen, etc.

Loren
--
``NewTek stated that the Toaster  *would*  *not*  be made to directly support
  the Mac, at this point Sculley stormed out of the booth...'' --- A scene at

UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May21.231246.24950@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, lrg7030@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
(Loren J. Rittle) says:

>I have ported GnuPlot.  It is available on BIX and I *may* be able to
>get it to you via other means, send mail if you are interested.  The
>port supports the displaying of plots on the Amiga's screen, etc.

>Loren

Do you suppose you could put it in a more available place?  I'd
suggest a Fish Disk.  How many floppies does it take?  If you
decide to put it up for FTP, could you put the source and binaries
in different archive files, so that those of us who download at
painfully slow speeds can cut our phone bills 8-) 8-)?

       Hopefully,
                 lee

jsanchez@polari.UUCP (jim sanchez) (05/24/91)

I tried to reply by email but it bounced.  This is for l-rittle.

I suspect others including myself would be interested too.  Why not
put it up on ab20.larc.nasa.gov ?  If you do not have internet access
why not just post it to c.b/s.a ?
Cheers

---
Jim Sanchez jim@hls.com
Hughes LAN Systems - Bellevue, WA (206)646-4999

black@beno.CSS.GOV (Mike Black) (05/27/91)

In article <1991May16.141810.20977@uni-paderborn.de> fillg1@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Illgner) writes:
>Hi folks,
>
>I am looking for an amiga port of the GnuPlot program. GnuPlot seems to
>be the only program which can generate TeX-files as output.
>Where can I get an amigazed version of it ???

ab20.larc.nasa.gov:incoming/amiga/gnuplot2.02.3d.lzh
Just posted it...I've tested the postcript with Post 1.5 and the hpgl
with the PLT: device.  Plus I've include the 3d extensions and
an amiga window device also.

fillg1@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Illgner) (05/28/91)

jsanchez@polari.UUCP (jim sanchez) writes:

>I tried to reply by email but it bounced.  This is for l-rittle.

>I suspect others including myself would be interested too.  Why not
>put it up on ab20.larc.nasa.gov ?  If you do not have internet access
>why not just post it to c.b/s.a ?
>Cheers

Its there (incoming/amiga/gnuplot2.02.3d.lzh binaries only)