[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Toaster and stuff

brianm@sco.COM (Brian Moffet) (05/29/91)

Yesterday I saw a show on Computer Chronicles about the amiga,
and along with it, the Video Toaster.  With some of the stuff they were
doing, I thought you needed a TBC (Time Based Corrector?) do get things
to sync up well.  Is this true?  Almost makes me want to go out and
buy a 2000 and a toaster...

Also...
Could someone tell me what video lines DCTV uses?  HAM-E box uses
RGBI, Color Zero, and the Color Burst signal.  They double the
Color Burst to get the 7.15 Mghz signal.  Does DCTV also use
these lines?  (I had trouble with the HAM-E and my ami 1000,
RGBI works fine, and color zero worked fine according to a genlock I used).

Thanks much

brian moffet
--
O Fortuna - velut luna - statu variabilis - semper crescis - aut decrescis
   vita detestabilis - nunc obdurat - et tunc curat - ludo mentis aciem

dingebre@imp.sim.es.com (David Ingebretsen) (05/29/91)

In article <U=A.675463290@sco>, brianm@sco.COM (Brian Moffet) writes:
> Yesterday I saw a show on Computer Chronicles about the amiga,
> and along with it, the Video Toaster.  With some of the stuff they were
> doing, I thought you needed a TBC (Time Based Corrector?) do get things
> to sync up well.  Is this true?  Almost makes me want to go out and
> buy a 2000 and a toaster...

The TBC (Time Base Correector) is always needed when you hook up an external
VCR. It is not needed if you are using live video.