[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] DESKJET COLOR PRINTING

mueller@schaefer.math.wisc.edu (Carl Mueller) (06/04/91)

Ok, here's the question.  There is an ad in the latest issue (July)
of Amiga World for Creative Computers (page 59) which offers (among
many other things) something called the "Inkmun Full Color Kit" which
apparently allows full color printing on a DeskJet printer.  As I have
a Deskjet+ printer, I'm very interested if this thing works well.
The price is only $34.95 and so seems like a very reasonably priced
"upgrade" for the printer.  Does anyone have one of these things?
Does it work?  Is it a pain to switch between normal black printing
and color printing?  Any information at all would be appreciated.

Carl Mueller (mueller@math.wisc.edu)

johnh@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (John J Humpal) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun4.122054.26625@schaefer.math.wisc.edu> mueller@math.wisc.edu writes:

>Ok, here's the question.  There is an ad in the latest issue (July)
>of Amiga World for Creative Computers (page 59) which offers (among
>many other things) something called the "Inkmun Full Color Kit" which
>apparently allows full color printing on a DeskJet printer.  As I have
>a Deskjet+ printer, I'm very interested if this thing works well.
>Is it a pain to switch between normal black printing
>and color printing?  Any information at all would be appreciated.

	A friend of mine is experimenting with this very package.  He
says it works, but I haven't seen any output myself.  He also says it
is very messy, at least at first, but he expects it will get better as
he gets used to setting up the inks.

>Carl Mueller (mueller@math.wisc.edu)

John J. Humpal -- johnh@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu -- short .sig, std. disclaimer

GB03@NS.CC.LEHIGH.EDU (George Philip Bluhm) (06/06/91)

Carl
I do have such materials in my posession.  It consists of kit with a
cartridge cleaner and C,M,Y,K colors.  You must refill the the cleaned
empty cartridge with the appropriate ink.  You then use the color
separation feature on a DTP (CNYK) and make 4 passes of the page..

Thus you achieve a 4 color process at 300 dpi.  I have not tried this
since I have not used four cartridges on my Deskjet 500 to date.

Denials of all above
Phyle Thee McNasty