[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Real 3D 24 bit file in Art Department

usatoday@daimi.aau.dk (Peter Dalsgaard) (06/03/91)

Hi there !!

How can I load 24 bit Real 3D targa pictures in The Art Department ??

Is there any way to avoid horizontal 'nitty gritty' when using the ARZ0 mode ??

Do you generally spoken have some tricks concerning The Art Department ??

--
   *** Peter Dalsgaard               ***
   *** usatoday@daimi.aau.dk         ***

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun3.120248.8846@daimi.aau.dk> usatoday@daimi.aau.dk (Peter Dalsgaard) writes:
>Hi there !!

And hello to you too.

>How can I load 24 bit Real 3D targa pictures in The Art Department ??

Well, you purchase the Targa module which is described in your manual.

>Is there any way to avoid horizontal 'nitty gritty' when using the ARZ0 mode ??

My guess is your nitty gritty is caused by having dithering enabled when
you render in ARZ0. Turning dithering off, eliminates what I would also
call a gritty look. But, turning dithering off produces horizontal streaking
in many images. ARZ0 (or dynamic hi-res - they're identicle) really isn't
worth very much in general. Once in a while a picture comes along which
looks absolutely great - but most do not.

>Do you generally spoken have some tricks concerning The Art Department ??
>
>--
>   *** Peter Dalsgaard               ***
>   *** usatoday@daimi.aau.dk         ***
>   *** University of Aarhus, Denmark ***

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry