[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Making DKBTrace Anims??

bneal@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Brian Neal) (05/31/91)

	How does one go about making an animation from several pictures
from DKBTrace?  I tried the movie.lzh from ab20, but the 'dilbm' program
doesn't seem to work.  It outputs difference files that are empty!
So what program do you guys use?  Thanks a lot!

Brian

bneal@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Brian Neal) (06/01/91)

From article <6282@ns-mx.uiowa.edu>, by bneal@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Brian Neal):

> 	How does one go about making an animation from several pictures
> from DKBTrace?  I tried the movie.lzh from ab20, but the 'dilbm' program
> doesn't seem to work.  It outputs difference files that are empty!
> So what program do you guys use?  Thanks a lot!
>
> Brian

	I failed to mention I am using an A3000.  Does the movie package
work for others on an A3000?

Thanks,
	Brian

reher@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Jay R. Reher) (06/05/91)

	For making DKB anims, I use Cryo-Tools ANIMBuild... it allows you
to have different palettes in each image. Director 2.0 also allows you to
use different palettes in each image.  If you are using Dumptoiff to convert
from DKB format to iff then you need to have a palette switching anim maker.
Dumptoiff doesn't use the same palettes for similar dkb files. Not to knock on
it, it just wasn't designed for anims.....

							Jay R. Reher

dbuck@ccs.carleton.ca (Dave Buck) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun4.185550.7232@ucunix.san.uc.edu> reher@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Jay R. Reher) writes:

>	For making DKB anims, I use Cryo-Tools ANIMBuild... it allows you
>to have different palettes in each image. Director 2.0 also allows you to
>use different palettes in each image.  If you are using Dumptoiff to convert
>from DKB format to iff then you need to have a palette switching anim maker.
>Dumptoiff doesn't use the same palettes for similar dkb files. Not to knock on
>it, it just wasn't designed for anims.....
>

>							Jay R. Reher

Actually, DumptoIFF can use a fixed colour palette.  If you use the -pfilename
option, the program will output the palette file that it produced.  You can
then use this file for the remaining pictures in the animation.

  eg.
      dumptioff -ppalette frame1.dis frame1.iff
      dumptoiff frame2.dis frame2.iff palette

David Buck
dbuck@ccs.carleton.ca