[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Disney Animation Studio... HELP required.

ACPS1072@RYERSON <ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> (06/08/91)

Actually I have two questions,

1>  Does anyone have the number for the BBS where supposedly we registered
    TAS users can call to get free upgrades???

2>  After using the Disney Studio for a bunch of animation I decided to
    try something different and use sound.  After reading the manual,
    I found that I have to use sound files from SONIX.  (files ending with
    .instr)  WELL WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE SONIX?!!?!??  Is there anyway for
    me to convert the STANDARD IFF one shots or instrument files over
    to SONIX format.  The file I'm trying to convert is a digitized
    sample of the RAWHIDE theme which takes up almost a meg (in case
    any one is interested).

Thanks (in advance) for any replies.

Ps.  send them to comp.sys.amiga.graphics OR the following account.

Derek Lang<<<<<    |
ACPS1072@Ryerson   |    "Get this clown trained.  I want him in the games
Toronto, ON        |     until he dies playing.  Acknowledge."
Canada             |                             - Master Control Program

markb@csg.uwaterloo.ca (Mark Brezina) (06/10/91)

In article <91159.135430ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> ACPS1072@RYERSON <ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> writes:
>Actually I have two questions,
>
>1>  Does anyone have the number for the BBS where supposedly we registered
>    TAS users can call to get free upgrades???
>
>2>  After using the Disney Studio for a bunch of animation I decided to
>    try something different and use sound.  After reading the manual,
>    I found that I have to use sound files from SONIX.  (files ending with
>    .instr)  WELL WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE SONIX?!!?!??  Is there anyway for
>    me to convert the STANDARD IFF one shots or instrument files over
>    to SONIX format.  The file I'm trying to convert is a digitized
>    sample of the RAWHIDE theme which takes up almost a meg (in case
>    any one is interested).
>
>Thanks (in advance) for any replies.

	You can use AudioMaster to load IFF samples and save them in Sonix
format.
							Mark Brezina
							University of Waterloo
							Canada

neil@celia.UUCP (Neil Richmond) (06/12/91)

In article <91159.135430ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA (ACPS1072@RYERSON) writes:
>Actually I have two questions,
>
>1>  Does anyone have the number for the BBS where supposedly we registered
>    TAS users can call to get free upgrades???

As far as I know there will be no upgrades until next year. I have talked to
the one of the creators of TAS and said that next year he has a lot of
new features planned for TAS. Don't expect them to be free. If you have
questions, you could direct them right to the creators. That is what I
did. Reichart was extremely friendly and helpful to me. He is also very
interested in what people are doing with his program. I believe the
number is in the TAS Owner's Manual.

>2>  After using the Disney Studio for a bunch of animation I decided to
>    try something different and use sound.  After reading the manual,
>    I found that I have to use sound files from SONIX.  (files ending with
>    .instr)  WELL WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE SONIX?!!?!??  Is there anyway for
>    me to convert the STANDARD IFF one shots or instrument files over
>    to SONIX format.  The file I'm trying to convert is a digitized
>    sample of the RAWHIDE theme which takes up almost a meg (in case
>    any one is interested).

I had the same question. There are a number of programs that generate this
format but do not name them blahblah.instr. You could try renaming a sample
you have an try reading it in. I have a PerfectSound sampler that I want to
use samples from. I haven't tried this yet as I have been too busy trying to
bring my A3000 up to where my A2000 was, but I did something like this when
I brought some foriegn samples as instruments into DMCS and it worked okay.
Good luck.

neil

--
Only 3126 shopping days left till the next millenium!
Neil F. Richmond         INTERNET: celia!neil@usc.edu

Scott_Busse@mindlink.bc.ca (Scott Busse) (06/12/91)

RE: the problem with needing Sonix format (.instr) sound files: Audiomaster II
(and, I assume III) will write out Sonix format sound files, as well as load
many others. A nice program overall. (Audiomaster)
--
* Scott Busse email:           O    O   O_     _      ___ .....
* CIS 73040,2114              |||  /|\  /\   O/\_     /         O    )=|