[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] What's news with Movie1.0??

jsibley@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (James Sibley) (06/18/91)

   Recently I have attempted to use the program Movie1.0 by Eric Graham (I
think..)  You know the one that is recommended for making/showing animations
with DKBTrace files, etc..  Anyway, when I try to use it to play some anims
I got from some ftp site, it horribly crashes.  And I mean horrible..  One
of those crashes that makes you shudder inside thinking that you have gone too
far this time..  Anyway, I have an Amiga 2500/30 with 5 Megs and right before
it crashes it provides the epithet: "Unable to open window."  What this means
I do not know but it is very frustrating and I fear the use of this program
because of its behavior.

   Does anyone know why it does this??  Is it a bad copy or what??  I refuse
to try it again till I get a conclusive reason why it is failing as it is
just too horrible a consequence..  I'd appreciate any insight into this
problem..

--
      James Sibley                                Nous Sommes Du Soleil
      Seeking the truth about lemon curry.          We Are Of The Sun

dbuck@ccs.carleton.ca (Dave Buck) (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun18.013255.4644@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> jsibley@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (James Sibley) writes:

>   Recently I have attempted to use the program Movie1.0 by Eric Graham (I
>think..)  You know the one that is recommended for making/showing animations
>with DKBTrace files, etc..  Anyway, when I try to use it to play some anims
>I got from some ftp site, it horribly crashes.  And I mean horrible..  One
>of those crashes that makes you shudder inside thinking that you have gone too
>far this time..  Anyway, I have an Amiga 2500/30 with 5 Megs and right before
>it crashes it provides the epithet: "Unable to open window."  What this means
>I do not know but it is very frustrating and I fear the use of this program
>because of its behavior.

I've had this happen if my system isn't set up the way that Movie likes.
If you use "morerows", turn it off - it will crach Movie.  I even turn off
interlaced Workbench just to be on the safe side - it may actually work
with an interlaced Workbench, but I don't trust it.

Good Luck.

David Buck
dbuck@ccs.carleton.ca

sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz (Sleeping Beagle) (06/19/91)

jsibley@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (James Sibley) writes:

>    Recently I have attempted to use the program Movie1.0 by Eric Graham (I

It doesn't work for me when launched on a machine with an over-scanned
workbench. This is very annoying.

Just go back to the minimum (640*512 PAl, 640*400 NTSC) and it should
work.

   Sleeping Beagle (aka Thomas Farmer)  sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz
   Ph. +64-4-796306 (voice)      "You ain't nothin' but a Hound Dog."
       With this much posting, I must be a Post, Post Modern Man.