[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] A3000/Toaster users!

mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) (06/11/91)

	This is important stuff... (to me :-)

	So, could someone *please* (much begging here) tell me
	about their experience with the Video Toaster & A3000 combo...
	in these areas...

		- does it digitize the video signal properly...
		- does the moving 3-D window in the modeler work correctly...
		- does the jitter removal (freeze) function work properly
		- does NewTek still frown on toasters/A3000's

	Please help with info via e-mail if you can...

	Thanks a bunch!

	-Mike-

ottmar@ajberl.UUCP (Ottmar Roehrig) (06/13/91)

>In article <22060014@hpmwmat.HP.COM> mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) writes:
>

>	This is important stuff... (to me :-)
>
>	So, could someone *please* (much begging here) tell me
>	about their experience with the Video Toaster & A3000 combo...
>	in these areas...
>
>		- does it digitize the video signal properly...
>		- does the moving 3-D window in the modeler work correctly...
>		- does the jitter removal (freeze) function work properly
>		- does NewTek still frown on toasters/A3000's
>
>	Please help with info via e-mail if you can...
>
>	Thanks a bunch!
>
>	-Mike-

As far as I know, the Toaster still *doesn't* work in the A3000 (just
because of the fact, that the romm for the Video-slot is a bit smaller
dimensioned than in an A2000)

Is this right??

Ottmar

=
AtelierRoehrig, Ottmar Roehrig, Hamburg, Germany
  UUCP: ...!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!ajberl!ottmar

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then,
 is a good thing..." Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

neil@celia.UUCP (Neil Richmond) (06/18/91)

I have been told it will work if you leave the cover off and you replace
the Denise chip with an older Denise. Beyond this, I have no knowledge.
You may be violating warranty(s) by doing this.

neil

--
Only 3120 shopping days left till the next millenium!
Neil F. Richmond         INTERNET: celia!neil@usc.edu

jtravis@dworkin.Amber.mccc.edu (Jim, Sysop) (06/19/91)

neil@celia.UUCP (Neil Richmond) writes:

> I have been told it will work if you leave the cover off and you replace
> the Denise chip with an older Denise. Beyond this, I have no knowledge.
> You may be violating warranty(s) by doing this.
>
> neil
>
> --
> Only 3120 shopping days left till the next millenium!
> Neil F. Richmond         INTERNET: celia!neil@usc.edu
> Rhythm & Hues Inc.       UUCP: ...{ames,hplabs}!lll-tis!celia!neil)

        Well, not any more.  That "older Denise" problem has been fixed
(combo of a bug in Denise and a bug in the Toaster software) and if you can
fit it in, you can get it to work without chip-swapping.  I've never seen a
3000 tinkered with, toaster-wise, but I've seen it working in one and I do
know it does it well.

        Jim

         ..and now the commercial..

--------///-----------------------------------------------------------
       ///    Jim Trascapoulos  *  CSAccess BBS  *  609-584-8774
      ///       *** Usenet: jtravis@dworkin.amber.mccc.Edu ***
\\\  ///  "If you're not going to grab the bull by the horns while
 \\\///  the iron is in the fire, then get off the pot." - Dave Barry
--\XX/----------------------------------------------------------------

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J Eric Townsend) (06/20/91)

In article <aNPR42w163w@dworkin.Amber.mccc.edu> jtravis@dworkin.Amber.mccc.edu (Jim, Sysop) writes:
>        Well, not any more.  That "older Denise" problem has been fixed
>(combo of a bug in Denise and a bug in the Toaster software) and if you can
>fit it in, you can get it to work without chip-swapping.  I've never seen a
>3000 tinkered with, toaster-wise, but I've seen it working in one and I do
>know it does it well.

If the Denise problem has been solved, it's just a matter of moving
a BNC connector on the Toaster.

--
J. Eric Townsend - jet@uh.edu - bitnet: jet@UHOU - vox: (713) 749-2126
Skate UNIX! (curb fault: skater dumped)

matt@vrtwo.UUCP (Matt Buford) (06/26/91)

  writes:
>> I have been told it will work if you leave the cover off and you replace
>> the Denise chip with an older Denise. Beyond this, I have no knowledge.
>> You may be violating warranty(s) by doing this.
>
>        Well, not any more.  That "older Denise" problem has been fixed
>(combo of a bug in Denise and a bug in the Toaster software) and if you can
>fit it in, you can get it to work without chip-swapping.  I've never seen a
>3000 tinkered with, toaster-wise, but I've seen it working in one and I do
>know it does it well.

Hmmmm, well, SOMEWHERE in comp.sys.amiga.* I remember reading a message where
C= was quoted as saying "The A3000 *WILL* overheat with the cover left off..."
--