[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Toaster on A3000!

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J Eric Townsend) (06/25/91)

Just called NewTek about upgrading DigiPaint3 and DigiView for the 3000.

Then I asked about a Toaster in the 3000 and they said "no".  The
person then tried to sell me on the "Mac and IBM PC compatible
standalone toaster", to which I replied "I already have an Amiga,
I don't want to by one of *your* var'd amigas."  The rep made
some noises about "It's not an Amiga" and I said "Look, I've seen
them.  It's an Amiga."  However, I got the feeling she was giving
me party line while trying to keep a straight face. :-)

Next question: "What about 2.0 compatibility?  Has the ECS incompatibility
problem been solved?"  Answer: "Yes, they're doing a 2.0 compatible version."

So I asked:  "Who I can write a letter to, to suggest that NewTek make
a toaster for the 3000?  If there's demand for a 3000-based toaster
NewTek will make one, simply because that's how capitalism works!"

So the rep talks to some people in the background and comes back with
(paraphrased) 'A 3000 based toaster *is* being worked on, it's just
not going to be ready anytime soon.'  Note:  that's a paraphrase from
a person who's job it is to answer questions about upgrades and product
availability.

To which I replied: "Well, we waited forever for the Toaster in a 2000..."

All in all, she was a very friendly and helpful person.

If you have DigiPaint and want to upgrade to the 3000, it'll cost
you $10 + $3 shipping.  To upgrade DigiView 4.0 (black colored
digivew hardware) costs $10 as well.  I upgraded to both for
$23 and paid with VISA.

Good job, NewTek.

--
J. Eric Townsend - jet@uh.edu - bitnet: jet@UHOU - vox: (713) 749-2126
Skate UNIX! (curb fault: skater dumped)

In article <1991Jun24.211042.14273@menudo.uh.edu> jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J Eric Townsend) writes:

>The person then tried to sell me on the "Mac and IBM PC compatible
>standalone toaster",

Translation: Macs and IBM PC Compatibles make dandy Amiga keyboards.
		"I looked for it and I found it" -R.E.M.