[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Special FX anyone?

a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (01/09/91)

> prf@otter.hpl.hp.com writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <63920002@otter.hpl.hp.com>
>
> Org.  : Hewlett-Packard Laboratories, Bristol, UK.
> Person: Paul Freeman
>
> Which is the best package for special effects for digitised audio.
> Audiomaster does reverb and one or two other things, is there anything
> out there which offers a more comprehensive set of effects?  I have a
> PD program called TEM (The effects machine) which offers quite a few
> but it is too slow to use in anger.

Where did you find this gem... er, ah TEM?
Is it available on Fred Fish's collection?
-Ron

prf@otter.hpl.hp.com (Paul Freeman) (01/09/91)

Which is the best package for special effects for digitised audio.
Audiomaster does reverb and one or two other things, is there anything
out there which offers a more comprehensive set of effects?  I have a
PD program called TEM (The effects machine) which offers quite a few
but it is too slow to use in anger.

ztsindi@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Bill Gant) (01/10/91)

Posted for Clayton J. Miner...Text to Follow
 | Todd G Vaarwerk      | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                |
 | State University of  | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU |
 |  New York at Buffalo |           VAARWERK@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 | Disclaimer: Believe what you want .. I trashed all my views of|
 |             reality ages ago  d8-)                            |

In article <4380@mindlink.UUCP>, a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) writes...
>> prf@otter.hpl.hp.com writes:

>> Which is the best package for special effects for digitised audio.
>> Audiomaster does reverb and one or two other things, is there anything
>> out there which offers a more comprehensive set of effects?  I have a
>> PD program called TEM (The effects machine) which offers quite a few
>> but it is too slow to use in anger.

Personally I like AudioMaster II (haven't looked at AMIII yet), but I do use
QuasarSound for a number of things.  Overall, QS might be a bit more useful as
it has a lot of options that are a bit better laid out than on AM.  Also, since
sfx for SkyLine must be in a certain format, I have to use QS to get them that
way.

>Where did you find this gem... er, ah TEM?
>Is it available on Fred Fish's collection?
>-Ron

Unless I missed it later, I have not see TEM on the Fish disks.  I got my copy
from the September 1990 issue of Amiga Computing (from England).  I don't
believe that it is PD, I think it was listed as being copywritten to the mag...
 |                Clayton J. Miner - Reality Engineer                  |
 | SysOp - Known World BBS | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                   |
 | (716)-883-3083 300-2400 | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 |   The views of this post are not those of the host organization.    |