[comp.sys.amiga.audio] PERFECT SOUND UPGRADE

zlnem@marlin.jcu.edu.au (N Milward) (01/10/91)

	I have been a registered user of Perfect Sound for a couple of
years now when I bought it for the 1000.  I upgraded to a 2000 about a
year ago and couldn't use the thing.  When I saw that Sunrise Industries
had released Perfect Sound V3 I thought I would upgrade once I was
notified.  As seems to be the usual story with a lot of companies, I
did not get an upgrade notice, even though I saw on the net that
they were offering this upgrade.

	I tried ringing them a couple of times and no one answered.
Has anyone else had any luck in upgrading or do they ignore all their
old customers?

Ross Milward  -  Lost Forever in a Happy Crowd

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) (01/10/91)

In article <1991Jan10.030536.23451@marlin.jcu.edu.au> zlnem@marlin.jcu.edu.au (N Milward) writes:
>	I have been a registered user of Perfect Sound for a couple of
>years now when I bought it for the 1000.  I upgraded to a 2000 about a
>year ago and couldn't use the thing.  When I saw that Sunrise Industries
>
>Ross Milward  -  Lost Forever in a Happy Crowd

Question :- Is it possible to use Perfect Sound for the 1000 with a 2000
            even with a Gender Changer such as the one for Digi View ??

Matt Crowd.

zlnem@marlin.jcu.edu.au (N Milward) writes:

> I have been a registered user of Perfect Sound for a couple of years
> now when I bought it for the 1000. I upgraded to a 2000 about a year
> ago and couldn't use the thing. When I saw that Sunrise Industries had
> released Perfect Sound V3 I thought I would upgrade once I was
> notified. As seems to be the usual story with a lot of companies, I
> did not get an upgrade notice, even though I saw on the net that they
> were offering this upgrade.

> I tried ringing them a couple of times and no one answered. Has anyone
> else had any luck in upgrading or do they ignore all their old
> customers?

> Ross Milward - Lost Forever in a Happy Crowd

You may be ringing them at an old number.  Contact information as of
December 1990 was:

SunRize Industries
2959 S. Winchester Blvd. Suite 204
Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 374-4962

Kent, the man from xanth.

phoenix@ms.uky.edu (R'ykandar Korra'ti) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan10.094149.28114@marlin.jcu.edu.au> glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) writes:
>Question :- Is it possible to use Perfect Sound for the 1000 with a 2000
>            even with a Gender Changer such as the one for Digi View ??
     Yes, BUT, you have to modify the gender blender to switch the location of
the power out pin. The A1000 had it in a different place than all the other,
later Amiga systems. I've done this on my A700 (A500 with homebuilt detatched
keyboard :-), soon to be an A900 then A1250 and so on as I add more neat toys
and hacks and a new case - Zorro II slots are my friend, doncha know... and
yes, so is _lots_ of extra shielding. Dar Knows RF) and it works fine. (Damn!
Another sentence wherein the parenthetical aside is longer than the sentence
itself! Such is life...)
     Hope this gets out... our mailer is dead but news seems OK...
                                                              - R'ykandar.
--
          R'ykandar Korra'ti | Editor, LOW ORBIT Science and Fiction
             "I hate you, you timepiece from Hades." - Plucky Duck

mwm@raven.relay.pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan10.030536.23451@marlin.jcu.edu.au> zlnem@marlin.jcu.edu.au (N Milward) writes:

	   I have been a registered user of Perfect Sound for a couple of
   years now when I bought it for the 1000.  I upgraded to a 2000 about a
   year ago and couldn't use the thing.  When I saw that Sunrise Industries
   had released Perfect Sound V3 I thought I would upgrade once I was
   notified.  As seems to be the usual story with a lot of companies, I
   did not get an upgrade notice, even though I saw on the net that
   they were offering this upgrade.

Perfect Sound V3 is _not_ just a software upgrade - the hardware has
been radically changed. The V3 software won't work with any previous
Perfect Sound hardware. Since companies don't normally offer upgrades
to hardware, I wouldn't expect an upgrade if I were you. Given the way
Sunrize treats customers, neither would I expect any more software
upgrades if I were you. You should call sunrize, and get the latest
software they offer (I got 2.3 from them that way). Better yet, ignore
them, and buy a copy of AudioMaster.

	<mike