[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Sound digitizers

prf@otter.hpl.hp.com (Paul Freeman) (01/09/91)

I have an AMAS sampler which suits my infrequent use fairly well. The
minor niggles which I have are to do with the software which comes
with it.  The software provides few special effects, (reverse, bounce,
scale), and does not match its documentation perfectly. It provides only the
ability to play shortish samples at high sampling rates. To rub salt in
the wounds it has one or two apparently useless features such as the
led style graphics equaliser display, I wish the programmer had added
a more useful feature in place of this. It also annoys me that that the
screen goes blank while the machine is operating, it feels very uncomfortable.

I have not evaluated the quality of its samples against
other s/w hardware combinations.
I certainly think I'll have to get some other s/w packages before I
can do everthing which interests me.

MAGZP@ROHVM1.BITNET (Wayne I. Pridgen) (01/09/91)

I believe that AMAS is the best sound digitizer for the AMIGA

ung@felix.UUCP (Bill Ung) (01/10/91)

In article <1085@pdxgate.UUCP> jayward@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Jay Ward) writes:
>I will soon be in the market for an audio digitizer.  Can someone please
>let me know what the best one for the Amiga is?  What are your experiences
>with the various brands.
>
>TIA

I too, am interested in an audio digitizer.  I understand that currently
the Amiga uses 8-bit sound.  Are there any plans for 16-bit sound?  (I know,
bad question but I had to ask).

Incidentally, I own an Amiga 3000 so please include in your posting if your
equipment is A3000 compatible.

Thanks,
Bill

jerry@truevision.com (Jerry Thompson) (01/10/91)

In article <63920001@otter.hpl.hp.com> prf@otter.hpl.hp.com (Paul Freeman) writes:
>I have an AMAS sampler which suits my infrequent use fairly well. The
>
>I have not evaluated the quality of its samples against
>other s/w hardware combinations.

There was a very extensive review of audio digitizers in Amiga World (?)
a while back.  The AMAS sampler came out way on top hardware wise.
It is a very clean sampler and it includes MIDI in/out/thru.  My biggest
beef with it is the software.  I think AudioMaster works with the AMAS.
I am looking to get something, anything, which will record to disk or at
least record more than 2Meg samples.
--
Jerry Thompson                 |     // checks  ___________   | "I'm into S&M,
I loved the peace and solitude | \\ //   and    |    |    |   |  Sarcasm and

mwm@raven.relay.pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan10.145154.13103@truevision.com> jerry@truevision.com (Jerry Thompson) writes:

	I think AudioMaster works with the AMAS.

AudioMaster works with the AMAS (works with mine, anyway). Even on a
3000 under 2.0.

	<mike