[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Digitized from The Wizard of Oz

	I've recently digitized a lot from the Wizard of Oz. I've
posted appr. the first half of Over The Rainbow to
abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov in its own subdirectory in incoming/amiga
(I believe it was WizardOfOz). More will be coming but our stupid
system is having problems handling quotas.
	These are high-quality 27K/sec recordings. They do not
come with the play program. Keep in mind that these are taken
from the video tape and that the film is 50 years old. The
quality of the original sound has hiss in the background, and
that comes through to an extent.
	-- Ethan

	"Don't forget the importance of the family. It begins
with the family. We're not going to redefine the family.
Everybody knows the definition of the family. ... A child. ... A
mother. ... A father. There are other arrangements of the family,
but that is a family and family values."

	-- Dan Quayle, of course. Our beloved Vice President.
	It's just too easy!

kherron@ms.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) (01/13/91)

es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

>	I've recently digitized a lot from the Wizard of Oz. I've
>posted appr. the first half of Over The Rainbow to abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov
>Keep in mind that these are taken
>from the video tape and that the film is 50 years old.

Also keep in mind that MGM still has a copyright on the film and you've
very likely not obtained permission to make these sound bites available.
I know you mean well, but it would better to respect their copyright.
--
Kenneth Herron                                            kherron@ms.uky.edu
University of Kentucky                                        (606) 257-2975

In article <kherron.663780249@s.ms.uky.edu> kherron@ms.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) writes:

>Also keep in mind that MGM still has a copyright on the film and you've
>very likely not obtained permission to make these sound bites available.
>I know you mean well, but it would better to respect their copyright.

	Yes, I realize. However none of the sounds are longer
than 35-40 seconds each, which sounds like a "sample" to me,
which is apparently legal.