[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Effects generator

css1rs@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Russell Smithers) (01/25/91)

	Hey Iv sent a post already but no wone answered come to I can see it on the list anymore but thats irrelivant now heres my question again !!!

	Ok, Im interested in a program preferably PD but I still want to know even if it isnt that will allow me to design and create effects using the amigas sound chips, then to save these individual effects as file that can be read as samples?

	Thanks to anyone that can help.......

Russell Smithers,

Computing Assistant, Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
          University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 5XH, England
R.Smithers@cs.surrey.ac.uk                                 +483 571281 x2659

Ron_Tarrant@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (01/27/91)

> css1rs@ee.surrey.ac.uk writes:
>
>         Ok, Im interested in a program preferably PD but I still want to know
> even if it isnt that will allow me to design and create effec
> ts using the amigas sound chips, then to save these individual effects as
> file that can be read as samples?
>
>         Thanks to anyone that can help.......
>
> Russell Smithers,
>
> Computing Assistant, Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
>           University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 5XH, England
> R.Smithers@cs.surrey.ac.uk                                 +483 571281 x2659

Russell,
        Maybe you could be more specific about what you mean by "effects". Are
you talking about sound synthesis (as in: synthetic sounds a la Allan Parsons,
et al) or are you talking about adding effects to existing sounds (such as
echo, reverb, etc.)?
-Ron Tarrant
a976@Mindlink.UUCP

trantow@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Jerry J Trantow) (01/28/91)

In article <1991Jan24.164854.5439@EE.Surrey.Ac.UK> css1rs@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Russell Smithers) writes:

>	Hey Iv sent a post already but no wone answered come to I can see it on the list anymore but thats irrelivant now heres my question again !!!
>
>	Ok, Im interested in a program preferably PD but I still want to know even if it isnt that will allow me to design and create effects using the amigas sound chips, then to save these individual effects as file that can be read as samples?
>
>	Thanks to anyone that can help.......
>
>Russell Smithers,
>
>Computing Assistant, Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
>          University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 5XH, England
>R.Smithers@cs.surrey.ac.uk                                 +483 571281 x2659

You should have no problem converting a file of numbers into samples.  One
way to accomplish this is a program called CBTAudio that I wrote.  I'm not
sure about the design and effects issue.  It is probably overkill, but
one method is to use a math program such as Mathematica or Maple to generate
a signal as complex as you want, modify the range to [-128,127], spit out file
Jerry J. Trantow          | Fix reason firmly in her seat and call to her
1560 A. East Irving Place | tribunal every fact, every opinion.
Milwaukee, Wi 53202-1460  | Question with baldness even the existence of a God;
(414) 289-0503            |  because, if there be one, he must approve
                        of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.