[comp.sys.amiga.audio] AMAS for 1000/2000?

nnn@po.CWRU.Edu (Nik N. Nik Mahdi) (02/05/91)

Hi,
  I have an A1000 here in the USA, and I am not planning to
upgrade to A2000/A3000 until I am in my homecountry because
we use PAL system and 240V/50Hz over there.
  However, I am very eager to do some sound sampling now. So,
I want to know what is the difference between the AMAS sampler for A1000 and the one for A2000/A3000.
If I can just modify it a little bit to make it fit for
the later generation, or if I have just to sell it and buy a new
one when I want to go back.
Thanks for any advice.

--
kjfyrwhgbvcxxbmiltioyrazsgwqashhfdhyjhmnmygikuykjiyttqsgffhipkkur
hgthtywqegzbvxmmjkjltiourwagagfgzrqtrtwythgshgiuitpukjhfrewqvcxzh

ags@scs.carleton.ca (Alexander George Morison Smith) (02/05/91)

Nik N. Nik Mahdi wrote on 5 Feb 91 03:32:41 GMT:

>I want to know what is the difference between the AMAS sampler for A1000
>and the one for A2000/A3000.  If I can just modify it a little bit to
>make it fit for the later generation, or if I have just to sell it and
>buy a new one when I want to go back.  Thanks for any advice.

I believe that it is just a different arrangement of pins on the serial
and parallel port connectors.  The A1000 also has reversed gender
compared to the A2000/A3000 on those connectors (male is female).  In
particular, make sure that you get the power connections right.

It should be possible to use the A1000 AMAS on an A2000 if you either
rewire the cables or make an adapter plug.  The conventional gender
changers won't work and will probably destroy something (strange power
connections on the A1000 will do this).  Consult your Amiga A1000 and
A2000 documentation to see what the correspondence between pins is.

- Alex