[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Trax Midi Sequencer

hadis@pilot.njin.net (Benjamin Hadis) (02/02/91)

Hello,
	I'm looking for a Midi program for the Amiga. I found a
program similar to Master Tracks Pro called Trax (it was in the recent
AmigaWorld issue). I was wondering if anybody knows its capabilities,
and if anybody can compare its capabilities to Master Tracks Pro.
				Thank you,
					  Jon Hadis
P.S. This wiil be my first Midi program, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

gunnar@falcon10.ericsson.se (Gunnar Forsgren) (02/08/91)

hadis@pilot.njin.net (Benjamin Hadis) writes:

>I was wondering if anybody knows its capabilities,
>and if anybody can compare its capabilities to Master Tracks Pro.
>				Thank you,
>					  Jon Hadis
>P.S. This wiil be my first Midi program, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

I have Trax running on a 16 MHz 386 PC.
It's very easy to use with a 'tape recorder' like button control.
It runs on a runtime version of MS Windows.
I's probably very good as a first buy since
it's quite easy to understand.
Compared to Cakewalk 3.0 it probably can do most of what
Cakewalk can apart from some advanced editing stuff.
I actaully prefer it to Cakewalk.
But on a low end machine (PC 8088, etc) I guess the windows handling
could be unacceptably slow.
/gunnar