[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Oktalyer

rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) (02/19/91)

  I need a Oktalyzer/Startrtrekker player. I ftped Oktasongs.lzh, Okta-robot-
rap.lzh and Oktaplayer.lzh from ab20. Oktaplayer will play
Robot Rap, but it won't play the 6 newer songs in Otasongs.lzh because
they are made with the newest version of Oktalyzer.

  Could someone email me oktalyzer uuencoded or tell me where to ftp the
player from.

clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk ((Stewart C. Russell)) (02/19/91)

In article <1991Feb19.004024.5199@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu>, rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) writes:

>   I need a Oktalyzer/Startrtrekker player. I ftped Oktasongs.lzh, Okta-robot-
> rap.lzh and Oktaplayer.lzh from ab20. Oktaplayer will play
> Robot Rap, but it won't play the 6 newer songs in Otasongs.lzh because
> they are made with the newest version of Oktalyzer.
>
>   Could someone email me oktalyzer uuencoded or tell me where to ftp the
> player from.

Oktalyzer is a commercial product, produced and sold in Germany.

	Stewart C. Russell
	University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland.

rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.122230.10213@vaxa.strath.ac.uk> clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk ((Stewart C. Russell)) writes:
>In article <1991Feb19.004024.5199@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu>, rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) writes:
>>
>>   I need a Oktalyzer/Startrtrekker player. I ftped Oktasongs.lzh, Okta-robot-
>> rap.lzh and Oktaplayer.lzh from ab20. Oktaplayer will play
>> Robot Rap, but it won't play the 6 newer songs in Otasongs.lzh because
>> they are made with the newest version of Oktalyzer.
>>
>>   Could someone email me oktalyzer uuencoded or tell me where to ftp the
>> player from.
>
>Oktalyzer is a commercial product, produced and sold in Germany.

  That's all well and good, but how in the hell do a play Oktalyzer
songs? If I am required to purchase Oktalyzer just so I can hear
the songs produced by it, then it's a doomed product. Oh well, I'll
just wait for European hacker groups to make a Oktalyzer clone that
does what Oktalyzer does, and more.
  Oktaplayer DOES NOT play songs produces by the commercial version of
Oktalyzer.

mark@zach.fit.edu ( Mark R. Craig) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.004024.5199@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu> rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) writes:

>  I need a Oktalyzer/Startrtrekker player. I ftped Oktasongs.lzh, Okta-robot-
>rap.lzh and Oktaplayer.lzh from ab20. Oktaplayer will play
>Robot Rap, but it won't play the 6 newer songs in Otasongs.lzh because
>they are made with the newest version of Oktalyzer.
>
>  Could someone email me oktalyzer uuencoded or tell me where to ftp the
>player from.

Could someone email me oktalyzer or tell me about an ftp site that has it.

Many thanks, and sorry for the "me too"

Mark
mark@zach.fit.edu
Mark R. Craig