[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Sound Tracker Modules

kevin@rbdc (Kevin Wynne) (02/04/91)

 I have been using Sound Tracker and Noise Tracker for quite awhile, but no one else around here uses it much. I was wondering where I could get some modules
, either a bbs or ftp site would work. I'm also interested in getting some instruments for it too.
Kevin Wynne

duck@engin.umich.edu (Ho Han Chyi Howard) (02/07/91)

In article <1991Feb3.204243.10239@rbdc>, kevin@rbdc (Kevin Wynne) writes:

|>  I have been using Sound Tracker and Noise Tracker for quite awhile, but no
|>  one else around here uses it much. I was wondering where I could get
some modules
|> , either a bbs or ftp site would work. I'm also interested in getting some
|> instruments for it too.
|> Kevin Wynne

Hmm....
	You can get modules from ab20's /incoming/amiga/SoundTracker-Modules
directory Or some name of that nature. I think there's about 30+ in there.
As for instruments, any raw samples can be used and the newer NT, STs will
also use 8SVX sounds.

						Hope that helps
						Howard Ho

*                                                                             *
*       Name:      Ho Han Chyi Howard                     ********            *
*       Address:   1309 S. University Apt #1             *** *******          *
*                  Ann Arbor, MI 48104                  ***     *****         *
*       Telephone: local       (313)996-1875            (|  o   o  |)         *
*                  remote      0-11-65-253-2503          |    ^    |          *
*                  (Singpore.Equator.SE-Asia.World)       \   _   /           *
*       eMail:     duck@caen.engin.umich.edu                \   /             *
*                  6VBN@ub.cc.umich.edu                      ---              *
*                                                                             *

t22918@ursa (Matt Ranney) (02/08/91)

duck@engin.umich.edu (Ho Han Chyi Howard) writes:

>In article <1991Feb3.204243.10239@rbdc>, kevin@rbdc (Kevin Wynne) writes:
>|>
>|>  I have been using Sound Tracker and Noise Tracker for quite awhile, but no
>|>  one else around here uses it much. I was wondering where I could get
>some modules
>|> , either a bbs or ftp site would work. I'm also interested in getting some
>|> instruments for it too.
>|> Kevin Wynne

>Hmm....
>	You can get modules from ab20's /incoming/amiga/SoundTracker-Modules
>directory Or some name of that nature. I think there's about 30+ in there.

Yes, there are quite a few on ab20.  The directory is NoiseTracker-Modules
though, in case you care.  The other place that I've gotten quite a few of
them has been from Mars.ee.msstate.edu.

Are there any other good sites for ST/NT Mods?

--
Matt Ranney                     "There are a few occasions where you do
t22918@ursa.calvin.edu           need to use a 'GOTO'... but... well

prf@otter.hpl.hp.com (Paul Freeman) (02/12/91)

I've downloaded a few modules from ab20. So far I've found a couple
of good ones and quite a few not so good ones. These in particular
seem well done to me

soft_synth       very professional, interesting technique
sahara
lunawaves        some nice things in here.
lets_swing_it    a jazzy little number with a great trumpet solo.
fairlight
prelude

Anyone else care to list their favorites? Perhaps we could vote for
a top 20!

C503719@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Baird McIntosh) (02/13/91)

In Message-ID: <63920009@otter.hpl.hp.com>
          prf@otter.hpl.hp.com (Paul Freeman) said:
>I've downloaded a few modules from ab20. So far I've found a couple
>of good ones and quite a few not so good ones. These in particular
>seem well done to me
>
>soft_synth       very professional, interesting technique
>sahara
>lunawaves        some nice things in here.
>lets_swing_it    a jazzy little number with a great trumpet solo.
>fairlight
 ^^^^^^^^^--this one is too short
>prelude

I like:        fletch   (background theme from the movie)
              chicago   (sorta raspy sax lead on this one)
             kefrens1   (repetitive, but kind of haunting)
               axel_f   (ok... all the Axel F you'll ever want)
           bluemonday   (so-so Amiga version of New Order's song)

Some of the others I've tried have failed to load into MED, which is where
I play 'em.  I think some of the songs uploaded don't have much musical
value.  I guess I should upload some of my MED creations and be judged! :-)

| Baird McIntosh | c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> c503719@umcvmb.bitnet |
|    "K I L L   T H E   R A T !"  -- seen on a sign at a pro-Gulf_War rally |
|                                                                           |

jayward@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Jay Ward) (02/13/91)

In Message-ID: <63920009@otter.hpl.hp.com>
prf@otter.hpl.hp.com (Paul Freeman) said:

>>I've downloaded a few modules from ab20. So far I've found a couple
>>of good ones and quite a few not so good ones. These in particular
>>seem well done to me

[songs deleted]

I think that one of the best NoiseTracker Mods I have heard to date is called
klisje_paa_klisje.  This awsesome mod however, doesn't play correctly in MED.
(see below)

C503719@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Baird McIntosh) writes:

>Some of the others I've tried have failed to load into MED, which is where
>I play 'em.  I think some of the songs uploaded don't have much musical
>value.  I guess I should upload some of my MED creations and be judged! :-)

I prefer a new program called Module Master.  It is available on ab20 by the
name of module.dms I believe.  It's short and has a 'pal' switch.  The
unfortunate thing about it is that the distribution disk contains some
mods, thus driving the size of the archive way up there.  It's worth it
though.

>| Baird McIntosh | c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> c503719@umcvmb.bitnet |
>|    "K I L L   T H E   R A T !"  -- seen on a sign at a pro-Gulf_War rally |
>|                                                                           |

Jay Ward --> jayward@eecs.cs.pdx.edu | if (TrailBlazers > Opponents)
"                 " - Marcel Marceau | 		TrailBlazerWins++;

chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Chuck Teschke) (02/14/91)

As for the best modules, i would say that BRIDGE by Dr. Awesome has to be one
of the best. (at least one of my favorites)  right now i have about 18 disks
of modules and am getting more almost everyday.
I also like the version of Blue monday.   Actually i like almost all of the
modules i have so it's hard to rate them.

 ===================
|------------------------------------------//

t22918@ursa.calvin.edu (Matt Ranney) (02/14/91)

jayward@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Jay Ward) writes:

>I think that one of the best NoiseTracker Mods I have heard to date is called
>klisje_paa_klisje.  This awsesome mod however, doesn't play correctly in MED.
>(see below)

I agree, this is the BEST module I've ever heard.  Get this one at all
costs.  What does this one do wrong in MED?  I listen to it all the time
with MED, and it sounds normal enough.
--

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (02/14/91)

-
- soft_synth       very professional, interesting technique
- sahara
- lunawaves        some nice things in here.
- lets_swing_it    a jazzy little number with a great trumpet solo.
- fairlight
- prelude
-
- Anyone else care to list their favorites? Perhaps we could vote for
- a top 20!

I agree that lunawaves and lets_swing_it are good.  I don't think
I've heard the others, but I will probably go get them right after
this.  I like:

Imaginary Woman
kawai_k1
brain ('Did you leave your brain at home?')
dirt (or kefrens_vector)
rhythm_master

BTW, in the true spirit of .advocacy, I run these on my STe. :^)

--
         Ed Krimen  ...............................................
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (02/14/91)

- BTW, in the true spirit of .advocacy, I run these on my STe. :^)

Oops.  Sorry.  After I posted it, I forgot that this wasn't .advocacy.
Please forgive.  I would have [c]anceled it, but our rn doesn't let us do
that.

A thousand pleas for forgiveness!

--

jimb@faatcrl.UUCP (Jim Burwell) (02/15/91)

jayward@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Jay Ward) writes:

>In Message-ID: <63920009@otter.hpl.hp.com>
>prf@otter.hpl.hp.com (Paul Freeman) said:

>>>I've downloaded a few modules from ab20. So far I've found a couple
>>>of good ones and quite a few not so good ones. These in particular
>>>seem well done to me

>[songs deleted]

>I think that one of the best NoiseTracker Mods I have heard to date is called
>klisje_paa_klisje.  This awsesome mod however, doesn't play correctly in MED.
>(see below)

Yes.  I agree.  I'm the one who ripped that out of a CryptoBurners Demo.
I have a MMD0 (Med Module) version of klisje_paa_klisje I could put on
AB20.  All I had to do to get it to load into Med was load it into
NoiseTracker and save it.  My player utility, "trackplay" (ok name I guess :-)
should be out in a few weeks.  I've HAMMERED the module loading code for
the last week and a half, and so far I havn't found a module which it won't
load.  (sheesh.  Lots of little idiosyncrasies in ST/NT modules.  It's can't
really be called a "standard".  More like a quadruple-standard :-)

C'ya,
Jim

PS:  The CRB demo I ripped klisje* from was on ab20, and had the name CRB1.
I couldn't really get the demo to run on my ECS-Agnus equipped A500 in PAL
mode.  Has anyone had any luck ?  It looks really cool with 3d vector graphics
scrolling through canyons and such (reminded me of the game Virus).
--
+--------------------------+      _
|INET:  jimb@faatcrl.uucp  |     | \
|UUCP:  ..!rutgers!faatcrl!|    _|  \______________________________________
|      jimb                |   - ______        ________________          \_`,
+------------------------- + -(_______            -=    -=        USAF       )
                                      `--------=============----------------`
                                                -   -
                                               -   -
                                    `   . .  -  -
                                     .*` .* ;`*,`.,
                                      `, ,`.*.*. *
 ______________________________________*  * ` ^ *____________________________
                IRAQ

Marcus@cup.portal.com (Mark W Shnayer) (02/20/91)

I cant FTP to ab20. Doesit have a mail server I can use to get to the files?

Marcus@cup.portal.com

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (02/20/91)

Marcus@cup.portal.com (Mark W Shnayer) writes:
> I cant FTP to ab20. Doesit have a mail server I can use to get to the files?

BONK!!

Send a `HELP' message to BITFTP@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU for information on
ftp'ing file by mail.

	...tad