[comp.sys.amiga.audio] NT/ST File Format

visjanap@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Jan A. Pisanczyn, SUCB) (02/15/91)

Since we are on the topic of ST/NT/MED modules I would like to ask a question.
Does anyone know the exact file format of a MOD.xxxxxx file?  What I want to
do is write a small C program to rip the instrument samples from the file
without having to use MED to go through the process...  I want to start
writing some MODS as I am a drummer and have written many small pieces on
a keyboard along with my drumming I want to do these up in MED and get
them out to the world...  but I need instruments, so I want to write a
ripper program... if anyone has the file format of MOD. files PLEASE mail
me a copy it would be greatly apperciated, and if I can get together a
program to do the job I would be more than happy to put it on ab20...

Thanx!

kskelm@happy.colorado.edu (02/15/91)

In article <59790@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, visjanap@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Jan A. Pisanczyn, SUCB) writes:
> Does anyone know the exact file format of a MOD.xxxxxx file?  What I want to

  Yah... one way would be to convert the song to MMD0 format with MED, then
write a little program that uses the MEDPlayer.library, which contains
a function for loading songs.  Call this function, and it will return
a pointer to a struct MMD0.  This struct is documented in MED and contains
a field which I believe is an array of pointers to samples.

   Access that, and you're In Like Flynn.

       Kevin

 GENERIC SIG: Size and color may vary, but quality remains the same.

hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) (02/16/91)

Where can one find MED? Is it Shareware?

					===Les===

--
| hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu |    __                                |
|                               | __/// Viva Amiga!                    |

s117986@lehtori.tut.fi (Salmij{rvi Janne) (02/18/91)

I do have a definition of moduleformat in NT/ST, but
the disk it is in is now home and I'm at school so...
BUT if anyone is interested I could post it here
unless someone else does it...
What comes to ripping samples it is quite easy to use
a new ripper called Multiripper v2.2a (I think.. not sure
about the version), but anyway it can load/rip for example
Noisetracker, Soundtracker (31 instrs), Futurecomposer,
Sidmon and some else too I can't name now. What it also does
is something I've never seen anywhere else before (except in
previous versions of this ripper). It scans disk reading it
from beginning to end (unless you tell otherwise) searching
for BOTH modules and decrunchers. This way you can rip modules
from musicdisks that are resetprotected if the modules are
on the disk either uncrunched or crunched with supported
cruncher...

  * Janne Salmij{rvi * s117986@cc.tut.fi *

sl35746@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Wolf Blitzer) (02/19/91)

s117986@lehtori.tut.fi (Salmij{rvi Janne) writes:

>I do have a definition of moduleformat in NT/ST, but
>the disk it is in is now home and I'm at school so...
>BUT if anyone is interested I could post it here
>unless someone else does it...

Please post the specification for the sample part of the modules.

>What comes to ripping samples it is quite easy to use
>a new ripper called Multiripper v2.2a (I think.. not sure
>about the version), but anyway it can load/rip for example
>Noisetracker, Soundtracker (31 instrs), Futurecomposer,
>Sidmon and some else too I can't name now. What it also does
>is something I've never seen anywhere else before (except in
>previous versions of this ripper). It scans disk reading it
>from beginning to end (unless you tell otherwise) searching
>for BOTH modules and decrunchers. This way you can rip modules
>from musicdisks that are resetprotected if the modules are
>on the disk either uncrunched or crunched with supported
>cruncher...

Please post this to abcfd20

Thanks!

njluurin@cs.ruu.nl (Niek Luuring) (02/19/91)

In <1991Feb18.111533.15374@cc.tut.fi> s117986@lehtori.tut.fi (Salmij{rvi Janne) writes:

>I do have a definition of moduleformat in NT/ST, but
>the disk it is in is now home and I'm at school so...
>BUT if anyone is interested I could post it here
>unless someone else does it...

>  * Janne Salmij{rvi * s117986@cc.tut.fi *

Please do post it !
Thanx in advance.

Niek
Niek Luuring jr., student computer science, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
EMail:   njluurin@praxis.cs.ruu.nl

hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb18.111533.15374@cc.tut.fi> s117986@lehtori.tut.fi (Salmij{rvi Janne) writes:
}
[...]
}--
}
}  ****************************************
}  * Janne Salmij{rvi * s117986@cc.tut.fi *
}  ****************************************

Where can I get this ripper program from?

				--Moriland

--

mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) (02/21/91)

njluurin@cs.ruu.nl (Niek Luuring) writes:

>>I do have a definition of moduleformat in NT/ST, but
>>the disk it is in is now home and I'm at school so...
>>BUT if anyone is interested I could post it here
>>unless someone else does it...

>>  * Janne Salmij{rvi * s117986@cc.tut.fi *

>Please do post it !
>Thanx in advance.

Well, if I remember correctly, on the PT 1.1B there is also a file
where is description of the PT-modules.

Matti Joutkoski, mattij@yj.data.nokia.fi, tel. + 358-0-5673866.