[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Sampled sound files

dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov (The Code Slinger) (02/20/91)

I'm looking for some sample sounds, specifically a helicopter sound.
I'd rather have it in a Sun SPARCstation (ulaw?) format, but an Amiga
8SVX (is that right?) sound file is ok, since I have found a program
called iff2ulaw.

I've found some sound files on abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov in
/incoming/amiga/SAMPLES  and in  /amiga/sounds/samples, but neither of
those directories contain a helicopter sound.

Can anybody help me?  Please?

Thanx muchly!

"Ah, Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intellegence!"
"Oh, thank you, Master!"             - from the movie, TIME BANDITS
dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov        |   Chris Dueker (The Code Slinger)
chris@chuck.arc.nasa.gov         |   Mtn. View, CA  (Sillycon Valley!)
duke@well.sf.ca.us

mapjilg@gdr.bath.ac.uk (J I L Gold) (02/21/91)

On this subject, I'd like to get hold of a few (but preferably a lot!)
of sampled musical instruments and sounds for use in MED by anon ftp.
I've tried on ab20, but these things look mostly look like sampled
noises (the sounds?? stuff). Help appreciated!

--
#  J.Gold                            |    mapjilg@uk.ac.bath.gdr               #
#  University of Bath , UK           |    jilg@uk.ac.bath.maths                #

shields@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Paul Shields) (02/22/91)

mapjilg@gdr.bath.ac.uk (J I L Gold) writes:
>On this subject, I'd like to get hold of a few (but preferably a lot!)
>of sampled musical instruments and sounds for use in MED by anon ftp.

Does MED take 8SVX format?  What sample rates does it like?

It would make a lot of sense to put together a public domain library
of sampled sounds.  Who out there has a sampler, access to Internet,
and a few ideas?  I've seen some stuff on the fish disks, but not
enough.

P.