[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Is there an ST/NT module player that WORKS?

chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (02/23/91)

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:
>Hello all,
>
>  Although I've owned an Amiga for several years, I've never really
>played with the sound capabilities before tonight. After reading this
>newsgroup, I ftp'd IntuiTracker and some of the modules mentioned from
>ab20.larc.nasa.gov. It was a religious experience. I didn't know my
>machine could make such wonderful music (Klisje_paa_klisje).
>
>  HOWEVER, I soon discovered the down side. Intuitracker crashes ALL THE
>TIME. I really like the user interface on it (with the volume slider,
>tape controls, and the spectrum analyzer), but it refuses to coexist
>with any term program, or my UUCP software. I've rebooted 4 or 5 times
>tonight alone; normally, I reboot once every 6 or 7 days, so I know the
>problem is IntuiTracker.
>
>  I'm frustrated. I can't even read news in AmigaUUCP with Intuitracker
>running without getting an odd-address GURU.
>
>  Is there a ST/NT module player that works properly? What is it called,
>and where can I ftp it from? If it's commercial, I'll go down to the
>store and order it tomorrow.
>
>--
>ben@epmooch.UUCP            ben%servalan.UUCP@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
>{chinet,uokmax}!servalan!epmooch!ben  (Ben Mesander)   War in gulf:
>newpath 288 396 216 0 360 arc 288 612 moveto 288 180 lineto 288 396
>moveto 136 244 lineto 288 396 moveto 440 244 lineto 36 setlinewidth
>stroke showpage

Well, a friend of mine has taken some noiseplayer code and totally re-written
it using pc-relative (read: nice 'puter type coding) and making it real nice,
i have used it several times while downloading and never had a problem.  i
don't know if it's ok to post it or not, i'll ask him about it.

actually he's on usenet himself.  perhaps he will post it himself if he reads
this.

UUCP: {amdahl!tcnet, crash}!orbit!pnet51!chucks
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!chucks@nosc.mil
INET: chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org