[comp.sys.amiga.audio] AudioMaster III

chronister@zodiac.rutgers.edu (02/27/91)

Has anyone heard anything about AudioMaster 3?  Even better, has anyone
used it yet?  Is it much different than AudioMaster II?

								Ben

shields@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Paul Shields) (03/03/91)

chronister@zodiac.rutgers.edu writes:
>Has anyone heard anything about AudioMaster 3?  Even better, has anyone
>used it yet?  Is it much different than AudioMaster II?

I have used it.

No, it's not much different from AudioMasterII..  in fact, with the
exception of some additions in the looping control, it looks like
nothing more than bug-fixes to A.M.II.  It might more properly be
called AudioMaster 2.1.

It might support more samplers, but I haven't had a careful look.
Some changes to the manual.  The user interface is the same.

None of this comes as a surprise, since we all know Aegis went belly
up and the products were bought out by Oxxi.. I haven't a clue whether
the original developers were responsible for the new version.

Anyone know Oxxi's plans for it?
I always had a few complaints about the user interface.

--
Paul Shields
shields@nexus.yorku.ca

chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Chuck Teschke) (03/04/91)

I have used Audiomaster III it is better then the previous version. it has a
lot of good editing features. it now supports a lot more samplers including
perfect sound 3.0

|Chuck Teschke |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| USENET:chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us |"If i have 5 megs of RAM, then why does
| FIDONET: 374/1                  |  this program keep accessing the disk?!?"
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  "My employer could care less about my opinions..."

srs@niksula.hut.fi (Sami Riku Wilhelm Suokas) (03/04/91)

In article <21804@yunexus.YorkU.CA> shields@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Paul Shields) writes:
[P. Shields is comparing AMIII to AMII:]

   No, it's not much different from AudioMasterII..  in fact, with the
   exception of some additions in the looping control, it looks like
   nothing more than bug-fixes to A.M.II.  It might more properly be
   called AudioMaster 2.1.

P. Shields forgot to mention the sequencer and the CD-player.  The
sequencer is built in the new Audiomaster, but the CD-player comes as
a separate program.  I think you can play the tunes made with the
sequencer by using the CD-player.  IMHO with the sequencer, you can
create some fantastic ra-ra-ra-ra-rap-sounds!!!

AMIII is definitely more than just a few bug-fixes, it's great and
it's worth the money (when you buy it by mail-order)!!

--
Sami R. W. Suokas, Dept. of Computer Science @ Helsinki Univ. of Technology
Keihastie 16 B          -srs@niksula.hut.fi   |  Use UNIX once a   8^)