[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Help Needed with Multi-Ripper

borzieri@king.ICO.Olivetti.Com (Ivan Borzieri) (02/25/91)

Hi NetReaders & Amiga Owners,
did you ever suceed in Multi-Ripping any NT/ST/PT etc. module from a commercial
game ?
I mean, did you ever try to hunt for modules included in many games out now ?
I did it using Multi-Ripper v. 2.2a, but when I find a module and save it
on a disk, all I get when I try to load it into my ProTracker (or Module-Master)
are some whistles or even a Guru !

The strange thing is that Multi-Ripper recognizes the module as a SoundTracker
Module, Module-Master says something like "Soundtracker/15" module, but they
cannot play it !

Here is what I do :
			1 - Load a file in memory with RI command
			2 - Search memory for decrunchers with HUNK
			3 - Decrunch the file if any header was found
			4 - Search memory for modules with HUNT
			5 - Save the module if found with SAVE DF1:MOD.XENONII

If somebody could help, it would be very nice, cause nowadays games contain
some very interesting samples which I wish to use along with Music-X and my
keyboard/expander.

I forgot to say that I have :
				- Amy 500
				- 1.2 WorkBench
				- 1/2 Meg Expansion
				- 1   Ext Drive

								Thank you !

								Ivan Borzieri

s117986@lehtori.tut.fi (Salmij{rvi Janne) (02/26/91)

From article <50376@olivea.atc.olivetti.com>, by borzieri@king.ICO.Olivetti.Com (Ivan Borzieri):
> Hi NetReaders & Amiga Owners,
> did you ever suceed in Multi-Ripping any NT/ST/PT etc. module from a commercial
> game ?
> I mean, did you ever try to hunt for modules included in many games out now ?
There are in fact quite few games that use the standard NT/ST format or them
at all... D.Whittaker has his own player for example... (not related to NT/ST
I think)
> The strange thing is that Multi-Ripper recognizes the module as a SoundTracker
> Module, Module-Master says something like "Soundtracker/15" module, but they
> cannot play it !
That sounds strange but that could be just what I said earlier. I don't know
how that ripper recognises modules but you can't always relay on that that
what ripper has found is actually a module. Try running ripper immediately
after exiting from NT/ST and see what it founds.. Lotsa crap that is by no
means modules...

> Here is what I do :
> 			1 - Load a file in memory with RI command
> 			2 - Search memory for decrunchers with HUNK
> 			3 - Decrunch the file if any header was found
> 			4 - Search memory for modules with HUNT
> 			5 - Save the module if found with SAVE DF1:MOD.XENONII

To my knowledge XenonII muzax are not made with NT/ST... I think D.Whittaker
used his own musicroutine as he always does...(btw, I loved his musics in
Shadow Of The Beast I)

> If somebody could help, it would be very nice, cause nowadays games contain
> some very interesting samples which I wish to use along with Music-X and my
> keyboard/expander.

I think you should add to that routine this:
4.5 check that found module actually is a module... names correct and
everything else too. Lengths of tune and all that other stuff, they should
make sense before you save it. For example if the length of tune (positions)
is more than 127 or 128 that is not an ordinary NT/ST module..

> I forgot to say that I have :
> 				- Amy 500
> 				- 1.2 WorkBench
> 				- 1/2 Meg Expansion
> 				- 1   Ext Drive
Yep.. I do have exactly the same setup :)

Hope this was for any help... ;)

  * Janne Salmij{rvi * s117986@cc.tut.fi *

2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (02/27/91)

In article <50376@olivea.atc.olivetti.com>, borzieri@king.ICO.Olivetti.Com (Ivan Borzieri) writes:
> Hi NetReaders & Amiga Owners,
> did you ever suceed in Multi-Ripping any NT/ST/PT etc. module from a commercial
> game ?
> I mean, did you ever try to hunt for modules included in many games out now ?
> I did it using Multi-Ripper v. 2.2a, but when I find a module and save it
> on a disk, all I get when I try to load it into my ProTracker (or Module-Master)
> are some whistles or even a Guru !

I d/loaded it a few days ago and ran it over several games, a lot of them
it said they had NoiseTracker files, but all that was there was a bunch
of garbage.  The only game I was able to successfully get the music from
was PowerMonger from Bullfrog.

David Poland
2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Chuck Teschke) (03/02/91)

Regarding your comment on dave whittaker using his own playroutine, i am nt
sure about that. I have all 3 songs ripped from Shadow of the Beast.

Chuck Teschke
                chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us

cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu (Christopher Walton) (03/03/91)

In article <chuckt.0965@theborg.mlb.fl.us> chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Chuck Teschke) writes:
>Regarding your comment on dave whittaker using his own playroutine, i am nt
>sure about that. I have all 3 songs ripped from Shadow of the Beast.

Whittaker DOES use his own routines, just not on everthing he ever wrote..
Example of a game with his own routine....
   SpeedBall
Example with ST
   Beast

Christopher Walton
cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu

s117986@lehtori.tut.fi (Salmij{rvi Janne) (03/04/91)

From article <chuckt.0965@theborg.mlb.fl.us>, by chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Chuck Teschke):
> Regarding your comment on dave whittaker using his own playroutine, i am nt
> sure about that. I have all 3 songs ripped from Shadow of the Beast.
>
> Chuck Teschke
>                 chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us
Made with NT/ST ? Then it is great, I have to rip them again (I tried earlier
with same lameripper without success). Dave uses his own player in some tunes
I'm quite sure about that.. :)

  * Janne Salmij{rvi * s117986@cc.tut.fi *