[comp.sys.amiga.audio] SoundFX 1.8?

paasivir@tukki.jyu.fi (Risto Paasivirta) (03/03/91)

In article <528@lysator.liu.se> zap@lysator.liu.se (Zap Andersson) writes:
>chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Chuck Teschke) writes:
>Good advice: Stop using noistracker and use MED. The user friendly sample
>list editor is really great. It handles HD's, AmigaDOS 2.0 and A300 machines,
>it MULTITASKS CORRECTLY (ever heard an NT/ST that does this CORRECTLY?) and
>it is overall simply so much better. THe latest version is MED3.00 and you
>shouldn't settle for less.

SoundFX is harddisk installable and multitasks correctly and has
good intuition user interface. I don't know if it is pd or commercial
program. The copy I have says it is (c) 1989 Christian Haller.
Anyone know status of the program and where to buy a legal copy?
It's a good program and well worth buying. Source of player for Seka
and Aztec assemblers was included. Only problem was that it used
wrong timer, but I patched it. Patched SoundFX 1.8 works fine in 2.0x.

--
Risto Paasivirta, paasivir@jyu.fi (128.214.7.5) -- Bus error (core dumped)

mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) (03/06/91)

paasivir@tukki.jyu.fi (Risto Paasivirta) writes:

>SoundFX is harddisk installable and multitasks correctly and has
>good intuition user interface. I don't know if it is pd or commercial

I wouldn't say anything about the user interface...

	'Only for internal use'

I think it's not pd, even commercial...

>program. The copy I have says it is (c) 1989 Christian Haller.
>Anyone know status of the program and where to buy a legal copy?
>It's a good program and well worth buying. Source of player for Seka
>and Aztec assemblers was included. Only problem was that it used
>wrong timer, but I patched it. Patched SoundFX 1.8 works fine in 2.0x.

I thought, that this SoundFX was dead because of many better ST and NT
versions came out during last 2 years. I haven't seen SoundFX V1.8,
but those older versions was a little bit horrible. It wasn't programmed
by assembly, and you could saw it.

Other thing was the playroutine, which takes too much the time.

Matti Joutkoski, mattij@yj.data.nokia.fi, tel. + 358-0-5673866.

paasivir@tukki.jyu.fi (Risto Paasivirta) (03/07/91)

In article <1053@tuura.UUCP> mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) writes:
>paasivir@tukki.jyu.fi (Risto Paasivirta) writes:
>
>>SoundFX is harddisk installable and multitasks correctly and has
>>good intuition user interface. I don't know if it is pd or commercial
>
>I wouldn't say anything about the user interface...

It IS better than most of soundtracker clones I have seen.
Intuition interface! Gadgets, menus and requesters.

>I think it's not pd, even commercial...

Shame. These C64-look and feel sound programs are horrible to
use...

>Other thing was the playroutine, which takes too much the time.

Yes but there was the source! Have you seen Mugician:
"Load play routine to $30000 and instruments to $3x000
and call $30xxx and if you don't want to use vertical
blank interrup then fill $30xxx-$30yyy with nops.." URRGH!

bw. If somebody nows a pd soundtracker clone with useable
_Amiga_style_ user interface please tell me!

--
Risto Paasivirta, paasivir@jyu.fi (128.214.7.5) -- Bus error (core dumped)