[comp.sys.amiga.audio] MED 2.13 -- Saving ST/NT compatible mods

greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Greg Harp) (03/05/91)

HELP!  I can't get MED 2.10 or 2.13 to save an ST/NT mod that actually
_works_!  When I select the ST-MODULE gadget on the save menu, I _should_
be getting an ST2.0/NT compatible module.  MED seems to believe that this
is a working module, but when loading it under Intuitracker, Noisetracker
(1.0?), ProTracker and a couple other programs the samples are screwed up.
I'm only using 10 samples, so it's not the limit some programs place.  The
entire mod is only 105K, so it's not memory.

Basically, some of the samples are partially corrupted with parts from other
samples.  Is this MED's fault or is there something I'm not doing right (not
that it's very well documented -- oh well, at least he built a decent editor).

I'd be really unhappy if I have to re-enter the entire song in another editor,
but I don't want to use the MedMOD format, since I'd like to give this tune
out & most people use standard ST/NT players.

TIA

Greg
--
       Greg Harp       |"How I wish, how I wish you were here.  We're just two
greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu|running over the same ground.  What have we found?
  s609@cs.utexas.edu   |The same old fears.  Wish you were here." - Pink Floyd

al158305@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Gustavo Cordova Avila) (03/08/91)

greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Greg Harp) writes:

>I'd be really unhappy if I have to re-enter the entire song in another editor,
>but I don't want to use the MedMOD format, since I'd like to give this tune
>out & most people use standard ST/NT players.
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

   Why don't you bundle it (the module) with the medplayer program?
I think it's freely distributable. And be sure to include a note
about MED and what the package contains (th editor, the medplayers,
and the object modules and sources).

>Greg

Gustavo Cordova
--
| From Mexico!  Majoring in Electronics Systems Engineering, |
| ITESM presents to you: Gustavo Cordova Avila!!!            |