[comp.sys.amiga.audio] adc16 16 bits audio card

dlorre@cbmfra.UUCP (D. LORRE) (03/08/91)

Xanadu, a french society has designed the ADC16 audio digitizing board.
It is a Plug-In Card for the Commodore Amiga 2000, 2500 & 3000  systems
and is intended to turn the system into a high-quality audio stereophonic
tape recorder, with the following characteristics :

 - Software programmable for 48, 44.1, 32, 29.4, 24 or 22.05 sampling
 rate.
 - Three different working modes : recording, playback and overdubbing.
 - 16 bits A/D conversion for a 96 dB dynamic range.
 - 2's complement internal data representation.
 - 90 dB signal to noise ratio.
 - Optional AES/EBU digital interface for backup-to-DAT purposes.

ADC16 support the Zorro II AUTOCONFIG(TM) protocol. The lower-level
access to the card is driven by a system executive device. This device
can support up to 4 cards, thus providing up to 8 channels.
The adc16.device support the standard CMD_READ and CMD_WRITE commands
and is fast enough to allow direct-to-disk feature via AmigaDOS FFS,
provided you have fast enough hard-disk (we actually have successfully
recorded 25 minutes of sound at 48KHz on a 11 ms/380 Mbytes hard-disk and
on a A2500 (68020) machine).

We are busy on the realisation of 10 development kits which will allow
to interested music software companies to develop new products based on
adc16 or to extend (easily we hope ;-) ) existing 8 bits music software
to the 16 bits quality.

Interested companies could contact us at :

Xanadu -- 13, rue Ernest Renan 94200 Ivry/Seine, France
TEL : 33-1-46-70-79-79     --       FAX : 33-1-46-70-43-46
UUCP : {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmfra!dlorre

cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu (Christopher Walton) (03/09/91)

All the talk about a 16 bit from France, well forget it....

The new card from Sunrize Industries, will have all of its features,
and supports SMTP, and other functions...  Look for my summary a bit
later this week...

Christopher Walton
cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu

tsarna@pooh (Tyler Sarna) (03/12/91)

In article <13200@helios.TAMU.EDU> of comp.sys.amiga.audio,
Christopher Walton <cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu> writes:

> The new card from Sunrize Industries, will have all of its features,
> and supports SMTP, and other functions...  Look for my summary a bit

An audio card with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol? No? maybe I
should go back to comp.sys.amiga.programmer... :-)

     /// Tyler "Ty" Sarna            E-Mail: tsarna@polar.bowdoin.edu
 \\\///  "Welcome to the Late Show/Starring Null and Void" - Men@Work