[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Music X note-off conflicts

paul@abekrd.co.uk (Paul Cameron) (03/28/91)

	Ok, here's my set-up. I've got an Amiga 500 linked through an interface
to my Roland D5, with a Casio CZ101, Yamaha DX100, Roland S10, Akai XE8, Kawai
KR1 and an Oscar on the same midi line.

	With Music X playing back a prerecorded sequence and me playing my
Roland D5 on top I keep getting notes stuck, like as if note-off commands
are being interupted somewhere between the keyboard and the sound board in the
Roland.

	Before I tear all my hair out at the roots can anyone tell me if they
have experienced the same kind of problem with either the Roland D5 or indeed
Music X.

	I have a nasty feeling it MIGHT be the interface on the Amiga 500, but
it's such a simple piece of circuitry there isn't much TO go wrong.

	Please mail me direct or on the net.

		Ta much !

lewism@lewism.UUCP (Mike Lewis) (03/30/91)

>In article <1991Mar27.163225.2393@abekrd.co.uk> paul@abekrd.co.uk (Paul Cameron) writes:
>
>	Ok, here's my set-up. I've got an Amiga 500 linked through an interface
>to my Roland D5, with a Casio CZ101, Yamaha DX100, Roland S10, Akai XE8, Kawai
>KR1 and an Oscar on the same midi line.
>
>	With Music X playing back a prerecorded sequence and me playing my
>Roland D5 on top I keep getting notes stuck, like as if note-off commands
>are being interupted somewhere between the keyboard and the sound board in the
>Roland.

I'm no expert but I got the impression things got better for me when I
drove each box directly (a Philip Rees W5: 2 midi in to 5 midi out),
rather than chaining midi out to midi through again and again. Still happens
now and again though!

| Mike Lewis.    cbmuk!cbmuka!lewism!lewism                         |
| 40 Heyes Lane, Alderley Edge, Cheshire SK9 7JY, (UK) 0625 582762  |