[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Anyone use Mod.Master?

bacon@zeus.unomaha.edu (Infomaniac) (03/30/91)

I just got onto comp.sys.amiga.audio for the first time today.  After perusing
the local chatter about MED I was wondering if anyone is using Mod.Master?  The
one that allows you to play PowerPacker crunched files.  Since this is my first
time here, it's altogether possible that this has been discussed before and
you've already thrown this prog out.

Thanks for your input.

Russ
comments/suggestions/additions/deletions/obfuscations/indigestions WELCOMED!!!
Gee. . . Toto . . . this sure doesn't look like Kansas!
                                                               //  Have you
             Russ Bacon   University of NE at Omaha           //    tried
                 Bitnet - Bacon@UNOMA1                    \\ //       an
               Internet - Bacon@zeus.unomaha.edu           \\/      AMIGA??

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (03/31/91)

In article <11699.27f37d03@zeus.unomaha.edu> bacon@zeus.unomaha.edu (Infomaniac) writes:
>I just got onto comp.sys.amiga.audio for the first time today.  After perusing
>the local chatter about MED I was wondering if anyone is using Mod.Master?  The
>one that allows you to play PowerPacker crunched files.  Since this is my first
>time here, it's altogether possible that this has been discussed before and
>you've already thrown this prog out.
>
>Thanks for your input.
>
>Russ
>comments/suggestions/additions/deletions/obfuscations/indigestions WELCOMED!!!
>Gee. . . Toto . . . this sure doesn't look like Kansas!
>                                                               //  Have you
>             Russ Bacon   University of NE at Omaha           //    tried
>                 Bitnet - Bacon@UNOMA1                    \\ //       an
>               Internet - Bacon@zeus.unomaha.edu           \\/      AMIGA??

Well I just got it yesterday and just love it!  I always had used IntuiTracker
but like ModMaster much better.  Has anyone had problems running it while running
other tasks?

--
 Guy Dandrea, Network Systems Corp.                       //
 guy@nsco.network.com #129.191.1.1                    \\ //

greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Greg Harp) (03/31/91)

In article <1991Mar30.160440.7475@ns.network.com> guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea)
  writes:
>Well I just got it yesterday and just love it!  I always had used IntuiTracker
>but like ModMaster much better.  Has anyone had problems running it while running
>other tasks?

Does ModMaster differ from ModuleMaster?  I have a program called ModuleMaster
(v1.7) and it's nice but certainly not perfect.  It uses the req.library's
requester and the powerpacker.library.  Those features are nice, but I've
had some major problems with modules that have worked under all other programs
(even MED) that would play incorrectly under M.M. (in either PAL or NTSC mode).

Also, try loading several modules in a row while the previous module is still
playing.  M.M. fragments the heck out of your CHIP memory.  At least MED
doesn't do that.

I've yet to delete it from my hard drive, but I might as well...

Greg
--
       Greg Harp       |"How I wish, how I wish you were here.  We're just two
greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu|running over the same ground.  What have we found?
  s609@cs.utexas.edu   |The same old fears.  Wish you were here." - Pink Floyd