[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Huge 3 Meg+ IFF Sound Samples

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) (04/03/91)

Anyone got or found any Large sound samples which go for 5 minutes or
more ? I'm looking for something impressive and as large as possible,
52Meg is the maximum :-) 3 Meg minimum.

matt

ags@scs.carleton.ca (Alexander George Morison Smith) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr3.020807.14252@marlin.jcu.edu.au> cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) writes:
>Anyone got or found any Large sound samples which go for 5 minutes or
>more ? I'm looking for something impressive and as large as possible,
>52Meg is the maximum :-) 3 Meg minimum.

I did record a whole record using AGMSRecordSound.  Mind you, it was an
old 78 rpm record recorded at 45 rpm and then played back at a faster
rate to bring the sound pitch back to normal (our record player doesn't
do 78).  It was a very scratchy copy of "When the Yuba Plays the Rumba
Down in Cuba," a curiosity because it is a pre-revolution record by an
American artist (Rudy Valley?) that was banned in the USA after the
Cuban revolution occured.

- Alex