[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Sample Ripper

visjanap@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Jan A. Pisanczyn, SUCB) (04/03/91)

POSTING THIS FOR A FRIEND
=========================

On AB20.LARC.NASA.GOV in incoming/amiga there is a new program called
"SampleRipper.lzh".  It is a program that takes a SoundTracker/NoiseTracker
module and "rips" all of the sound samples out of the mod. file.  Currently
the program only handles 31 instrument modules with support for older 15
instrument modules to come at a later date.  The archive is about 8K long
(its a SMALL program)...  so for anyone who has wanted to extract some of
those "neater" sound samples out of modules for use in your own modules,
here is a program to do it quick and easily...

Send any coorespondence to : LIZAK98@SNYBUFVA.bitnet  DO NOT reply to the
poster of this message!  Thanks!

witzany@sparc1 (David Witzany) (04/04/91)

visjanap@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Jan A. Pisanczyn, SUCB) writes:

>On AB20.LARC.NASA.GOV in incoming/amiga there is a new program called
>"SampleRipper.lzh".  It is a program that takes a SoundTracker/NoiseTracker
>module and "rips" all of the sound samples out of the mod. file.  Currently
>the program only handles 31 instrument modules with support for older 15
>instrument modules to come at a later date.  The archive is about 8K long
>(its a SMALL program)...  so for anyone who has wanted to extract some of
>those "neater" sound samples out of modules for use in your own modules,
>here is a program to do it quick and easily...

	You can do this with the latest version of MED, too.  MED can import
ST/NT mods (although the timing tends to drift a little...).  Then, you can
switch to the Samples menu, and step sample-by-sample through the sounds used
in the song, saving each sample as a stand-alone as you go.  These samples can
then be used in your own compositions.  One of the fun side-benefits of doing
all of this is, MED also shows you the original names for each sample.  In at
least one case, the sample names, when strung consecutively together, were a
paragraph of info about the composer of the song.  (Oddly, Intuitracker didn't
list this composer's -- or most other's-- name.)

--

	Dave Witzany
	(witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu)

dlb28311@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (David Black) (04/06/91)

This archive is corrupt.  Please post a fixed version.  Saving samples from
all the songs on ab20 would be such a pain in the ass.  I have been waiting
for this program!  Hey, also if anyone has the ST-XX: disks with all the
samples on them, PLEASE upload them to AB20.  Thanks!

David Black  University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory          ///
             Internet: dave-b@uiuc.edu                                    ///
             Bitnet:   black@uiucmrl                                  \\\///
             Usenet:   uunet!uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu!black%uimrl.dnet      \XX/

visjanap@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Jan A. Pisanczyn, SUCB) (04/07/91)

SampleRipper.LZH has been re-uploaded to ab20 into the incoming/amiga
directory.  Hopefully this one came across the wires better!  I re-downloaded
it after I uploaded it to make sure it was OK and it seemed to come back and
un-extract OK... but if anyone has any problems again, please let me know...
I have mastered downloading from FTP sites, havent quite got the upload game
figured out totally yet in what I have to do to get the file across and not
have it corrupted, but again, hopefully its in one piece this time  :)

   --Rob   (Lizak98@Snybufva.bitnet)