[comp.sys.amiga.audio] HELP on COMSMUS.ZOO on AB20!!!!!!!

kskelm@happy.colorado.edu (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr11.164509.6796@news.iastate.edu>, reynolds@iastate.edu (Reynolds Jesse Leonard) writes:
>>  CAT comsmus.zuu* >comsmus.zoo
>                  ^^^
>
> 	Here's your problem.  The wildcard specifier will give you the files
> in this order: 1, 10, 11, ..., 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.  What you need to do

   Thanks for the reply.  Actually, silly [STUPID] me (boy, its been
one of those weeks), what the problem REALLY was is that I failed to realize
that all of the zuu?? files were REALLY uuencoded (why twice?), and I needed
to run the concatenated file comsmus.zuu through uudecode.  As it happens, shar
generated filenames with 01, 02, ... 11 extentions, so they really WERE in the
proper order.  Thanks for the hint, tho.

   Thanks to the guy that sent me mail on the zuu->zoo uudecode thingy.  Much
appreciated, all!

        Kevin

kskelm@happy.colorado.edu (04/11/91)

     HELP!  I can't get comsmus.zoo to work.  On my system, the file is
corrupted.

	I downloaded the comsmus.zoo file (in its many parts) from ab20
recently.  Now, though I'm pretty certain I did everything right, but the ZOO
archive was corrupt by the time it reached my system.  Here's what I did, see
if you can find anything wrong:

   (on ab20)

  MGET Part*.Z       ; don't remember capitalizations

  BYE

   (on the school ULTRIX system (DEC 3100))

  ZCAT PART01.Z >part01
  ZCAT PART02.Z >part02
  ZCAT PART11.Z >part11

   (I then editted out all of the message headers up to but not including lines
containing #'s)

  SH part01          ;this created comsmus.zuu01
  SH part02          ;this created comsmus.zuu02
  SH part11          ;this created comsmus.zuu11

   (I then joined all of the files together into one by commanding:)

  CAT comsmus.zuu* >comsmus.zoo

   (I then set up to transfer home)

  KERMIT

  SET FILE TYPE BINARY

  SEND comsmus.zoo     ;yes, I did use binary mode on Handshake

   Obviously I didn't use capital letters on the commands, I just wanted them
to stand out here!

    Did I do anything wrong?

    If not, could *SOMEONE* please post the put-together, binary version on
ab20?  Much appreciated!!!

      Kevin Kelm

These opinions WERE my own, but now they're your problem!

reynolds@iastate.edu (Reynolds Jesse Leonard) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr11.085732.1@happy.colorado.edu> kskelm@happy.colorado.edu writes:

>     HELP!  I can't get comsmus.zoo to work.  On my system, the file is
>corrupted.
>

>  CAT comsmus.zuu* >comsmus.zoo
                 ^^^

	Here's your problem.  The wildcard specifier will give you the files
in this order: 1, 10, 11, ..., 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.  What you need to do
is cat comsmus.zuu? comsmus.zuu?? >comsmus.zoo, or something like it.  This
will give you the correct order.  It's not something that you think of, but
it can certainly give you problems!  Good luck.

	8*)
		-Jesse

Jesse Reynolds  |  reynolds@iastate.edu

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil (Michael S Figg) (04/12/91)

In article <1991Apr11.085732.1@happy.colorado.edu>, kskelm@happy.colorado.edu writes:

>   CAT comsmus.zuu* >comsmus.zoo

This should be "cat comsmus.zuu* >comsmus.zuu" then "uudecode comsmus.zuu".

>       Kevin Kelm

---Mike