[comp.sys.amiga.audio] DMCS -> MIDREAD/NEW

ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) (04/12/91)

In article <cc0u=8O00WB887CVoR@andrew.cmu.edu>, sn15+@andrew.cmu.edu (Steve Neas) writes:
> Anyone out there have a converter to convert DMCS files into
> standard MIDI files?

The standard method of cheating has been to multitask a sequencer with DMCS.
You then tell DMCS to play and the sequencer to record (loop your MIDI out back
to MIDI in).  It ain't purty, but it works.  It's been years since I've done
it, though...

The real problem seems to be that nobody has completely figured out the DMCS
format (the custom one, not the awful SMUS one).  Hence, we have no conversion
tools, and no standalone player.

--
        .../Ed     Preferrred:  Ed.Wilts@BSC.Galaxy.BCSystems.Gov.BC.CA
Ed Wilts            Alternate:  EdWilts@BCSC02.BITNET    (604) 389-3430