[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Inuitracker

olag@ifi.uio.no (Ola Fosheim Gr|stad) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr9.182607.16842@leland.Stanford.EDU>, bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) writes:
> In article <ben.5774@epmooch.UUCP> ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:
> This is an easy fix, right?  Can anyone with a disassembler save Mr.
> Triumph the trouble and recompile it using the other CIA? ;-)
> [nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more]

I think mister Wiseguy of Triumph is currently working on a new version of
Intuitracker.. I'll post him a messy about this CIA-trouble.. Which version
does have this problem.. Are there other buggs?

I wonder if anybody here has a successfully compiled version of Csound for
the Amiga. I've tried to port it myself, but got some problems with the
UNIX'isms... (If you've added an 8svx-header that would be nice too)...

--
Ola Fosheim Groestad (Midi-freak & Amiga programmer??)

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (04/11/91)

>In article <1991Apr10.185244.16130@ifi.uio.no> olag@ifi.uio.no (Ola Fosheim Gr|stad) writes:
>
>In article <1991Apr9.182607.16842@leland.Stanford.EDU>, bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) writes:
>> In article <ben.5774@epmooch.UUCP> ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:
>> This is an easy fix, right?  Can anyone with a disassembler save Mr.
>> Triumph the trouble and recompile it using the other CIA? ;-)
>> [nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more]
>
>I think mister Wiseguy of Triumph is currently working on a new version of
>Intuitracker.. I'll post him a messy about this CIA-trouble.. Which version
>does have this problem.. Are there other buggs?

Well, it's been a while since I played with it. It was version 1.1, and
other bugs were (If I remember correctly...) a chip ram leak, and a
rather annoying way of selecting multiple files that didn't always work
right. He might also verify that it plays modules the correct speed on
both NTSC and PAL machines (I think it did though).

I have to say that the tape-player controls, the volume slider, and the
spectrum display all in a little window are totally cool. I'd really like
a bug-free version.

>Ola Fosheim Groestad (Midi-freak & Amiga programmer??)

--
| ben@epmooch.UUCP   (Ben Mesander)       | "Cash is more important than |
| ben%servalan.UUCP@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu |  your mother." - Al Shugart, |

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (04/13/91)

In article <ben.5854@epmooch.UUCP> ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:
>>In article <1991Apr10.185244.16130@ifi.uio.no> olag@ifi.uio.no (Ola Fosheim Gr|stad) writes:
>>
>>I think mister Wiseguy of Triumph is currently working on a new version of
>>Intuitracker.. I'll post him a messy about this CIA-trouble.. Which version
>>does have this problem.. Are there other buggs?
>
>Well, it's been a while since I played with it. It was version 1.1, and
>other bugs were (If I remember correctly...) a chip ram leak, and a
>rather annoying way of selecting multiple files that didn't always work
>right. He might also verify that it plays modules the correct speed on
>both NTSC and PAL machines (I think it did though).

Version 1.2 allows use of the ARP file requestor to read in
files/directories.  It also has a new 'expanded mode' that makes the
spectrum display wider.  It still has no PAL/NTSC switch, but you can
change the speed with the + and - on the control panel.  I'm not
sure about the chip ram leak... I've got a 1-meg chip system and I don't
notice any memory problems.

***NOTE:  I am NOT recommending this program to ANYONE who wants to play
modules and use a telecommunications program.  The damn thing still
crashes after about 5-7 minutes of use (variable).  Although, I haven't
had any problems when multitasking I-Tracker with other applications
that don't use the serial port.  It's an inexcusable bug, though, and
should have been fixed a while ago.

>I have to say that the tape-player controls, the volume slider, and the
>spectrum display all in a little window are totally cool. I'd really like
>a bug-free version.

Hear, hear.  It's the best interface out there for a mod player.  Too
bad it's so poorly programmed.

>>Ola Fosheim Groestad (Midi-freak & Amiga programmer??)

>| ben@epmooch.UUCP   (Ben Mesander)       | "Cash is more important than |

Dave Hopper      |     /// Anthro Creep  | Academic Info Resources, Stanford
                 |__  ///     .   .      | Macincrap/UNIX Consultant
bard@jessica.    |\\\///     Ia! Ia!     | -- Just remember: love is life, and
   Stanford.EDU  | \XX/  Shub-Niggurath! | hate is living death. :Black Sabbath

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (04/13/91)

>In article <1991Apr14.015404.24097@contact.uucp> davidc@contact.uucp (Ice Weasle) writes:
>In article <ben.5854@epmooch.UUCP> ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:
>>
>>Well, it's been a while since I played with it. It was version 1.1, and
>>other bugs were (If I remember correctly...) a chip ram leak, and a
>>rather annoying way of selecting multiple files that didn't always work
>>right. He might also verify that it plays modules the correct speed on
>>both NTSC and PAL machines (I think it did though).
>
>BEEEP! 8) The newest version is 1.20, not 1.1. It's a bit better with
>a file requester and an expandable vu-meter.

None of that matters if it GURU's every time my UUCP software calls my
newsfeed.

Perhaps someone out there with a disassembler and a working knowledge of
the Amiga hardware can disassemble the darn thing and switch which
CIA timers it uses? Yes, this is not a complete solution, as apparently
the serial interrupt has higher priority than CIA timer B. That's okay,
though...

--

davidc@contact.uucp (Ice Weasle) (04/14/91)

In article <ben.5854@epmooch.UUCP> ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:

>Well, it's been a while since I played with it. It was version 1.1, and
>other bugs were (If I remember correctly...) a chip ram leak, and a
>rather annoying way of selecting multiple files that didn't always work
>right. He might also verify that it plays modules the correct speed on
>both NTSC and PAL machines (I think it did though).

BEEEP! 8) The newest version is 1.20, not 1.1. It's a bit better with
a file requester and an expandable vu-meter.

--
Dave Carlton (davidc@ziebmef.mef.org!white.toronto.edu)
"There's more than one way to skin a cat", Lydia thought, as she
nailed the little paws to the dissection board... Richard Deming