[comp.sys.amiga.audio] Dr T's KCS 3.5 or Level II 3.5

Jason Kratz <U28037@uicvm.uic.edu> (04/12/91)

Anyone heard of these yet?  I saw an ad in Keyboard magazine that said it
(either KCS or Level II) had built-in score printing.  Anyone know about this?
 One other question.  Does Level II have all of the features of KCS plus ad-ons
?  Any info is appreciated.

Jason Kratz - U28037@UICVM.CC.UIC.EDU

ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) (04/15/91)

In article <91101.183405U28037@uicvm.uic.edu>, Jason Kratz <U28037@uicvm.uic.edu> writes:
> Anyone heard of these yet?  I saw an ad in Keyboard magazine that said it
> (either KCS or Level II) had built-in score printing.  Anyone know about this?
>  One other question.  Does Level II have all of the features of KCS plus ad-ons

With version 3.5, there is no longer a distinction between KCS and Level II.
Up until the 3.5 version, Level II offered some features that the base version
didn't have, like the programmable variations generator (PVG) and the Master
Editor.  Now, there is only one product.

I believe that the score printing offers the output that you get in Tiger Cub,
which has been shipping for quite a while.  The output is not supposed to be a
replacement for The Copyist; I don't think that you can do all the major
editing kind of things that The Copyist will let you do.  Printing (according
to their upgrade notice) is through Preference printers; this looks to me like
PostScript output is not there like it is in Copyist DTP.

My version of KCS Level II is still 3.02; I've ordered the 3.5 upgrade but am
still (impatiently) waiting...

--
        .../Ed     Preferrred:  Ed.Wilts@BSC.Galaxy.BCSystems.Gov.BC.CA
Ed Wilts            Alternate:  EdWilts@BCSC02.BITNET    (604) 389-3430