[comp.sys.amiga.audio] 8 cannels

moonhawk@bluemoon.uucp (David Culberson) (04/21/91)

        Ok everyone, how do you use eight channels on an Amiga? Does it
require the one meg Agnus? I'm a 2000 user with 1.3 kickstart/workbench
but a 512k Agnus. I thought that you would actually have to add more
digital to Analog converters to get eight channels! Guess I was wrong!
                        MoonHawk

 This is from
     moonhawk@bluemoon.uucp
     moonhawk%bluemoon@nstar.rn.com
who doesn't have their own obnoxious signature yet

luit6@wsinfo10.info.win.tue.nl (Studenten Erik Luit) (04/22/91)

In article <LwcR11w164w@bluemoon.uucp> moonhawk@bluemoon.uucp (David Culberson) writes:

>        Ok everyone, how do you use eight channels on an Amiga? Does it
>require the one meg Agnus? I'm a 2000 user with 1.3 kickstart/workbench
>but a 512k Agnus. I thought that you would actually have to add more
>digital to Analog converters to get eight channels! Guess I was wrong!
>                        MoonHawk
>

> This is from
>     moonhawk@bluemoon.uucp
>     moonhawk%bluemoon@nstar.rn.com
>who doesn't have their own obnoxious signature yet

To use 8 channel output the only thing you need is the software, like oktalyzer or the 8 channel version of MED when it becomes available. The four available   channels are used, each channel outputs two samples, the cpu is used to add the
two sounds.

W. Boumans
luit6@info.win.tue.nl

To use eight channel output the only thing you need is the software, like oktalyzer
To use 8 channel output the only thing you need is software, like oktalyzer or ttheh